Laughable eBay Scam "Buy It Now" for $12K

Jarl Sigurd

• Members

This person buys some cheap {censored} to quickly gain 14 positives feedbacks over a 30 day period, then posts THIS on eBay. :lol:

http://cgi.ebay.com/The-Best-Musical-Instruments-you-can-buy_W0QQitemZ260346144047QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar?hash=item260346144047&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_trkparms=72:1205|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318

• Members

You should send some questions that force him to work for his scam money.

Like, hey I am really interested, but I want to make sure my new drum hardware will fit those shells. Can you measure the bolt diameter and get back to me?

Whats the part number on each of the tubes in the amp?

How wide is the neck on that guitar at the 12th fret?

Then after he gets back to you, say "you know what ...nevermind...I thought the Les Paul came with Ernie Ball strings on it but it doesn't...I'll pass"

• Members

I sent a question about forms of payment. Wire transfer or money order ok? I got a reply back. I responded to the reply and intend to keep up the correspondence as long as I can.

So what is the scam here? What is missbonerwhatever trying to get out of this auction?

Also, what are the Ebay listing fees for a starting price of $9500 with a $12,000 bin? How are the listing fees alone worth anything in this fake auction?

• Members

ondence as long as I can.

So what is the scam here? What is missbonerwhatever trying to get out of this auction?

Also, what are the Ebay listing fees for a starting price of $9500 with a $12,000 bin? How are the listing fees alone worth anything in this fake auction?

$12,000. If you walk of with $12,000 I seriously doubt you're worried about $100 in fees or whatever it is. I seriously doubt the scammer would even pay the fees.

Archived