Anyone tried the GFS Boston Blues? Someone out there?

elsupermanny14

• Members

I'm really interested to find out about those pickups, but I can't afford to just buy them for a "trial and test." I know that $70 bucks is cheap for a complete set of pickups, but I still can't afford to just spend $70 bucks to try out pickups that may not work for me.

Anyways, like I said, I'm really really interested in the Boston Blues but want to know what they sound like. Has anyone tried them or perhaps have them currently? If so could you please describe them to me? If it isn't too much trouble make me put up some sound clips?

• Members

I have a set in my MIM Strat. I consider it "Money well spent." I LOVE the neck PU. It does a really good Hendrix / SRV clean or overdriven sound. Positions 2 and 4 have some good quack and would be killer if I could play like Knopfler. The Bridge is good....It can get a little bit "Ice picky" but I think I'm going to do the mod to switch the tone control to the bridge pickup.

I'm not sure how these compare to Texas Specials, but I love the price and am very happy with them. I'll try to post some clips in the next couple of days(if my old computer will cooperate with me) Stay tuned.....

Mike

• Members

I have a set in my MIM Strat. I consider it "Money well spent." I LOVE the neck PU. It does a really good Hendrix / SRV clean or overdriven sound. Positions 2 and 4 have some good quack and would be killer if I could play like Knopfler. The Bridge is good....It can get a little bit "Ice picky" but I think I'm going to do the mod to switch the tone control to the bridge pickup.

I'm not sure how these compare to Texas Specials, but I love the price and am very happy with them. I'll try to post some clips in the next couple of days(if my old computer will cooperate with me) Stay tuned.....

Mike

Hey thanks! I appreciate it! Looking forward to those clips! Did you install them with the clear pickups covers? Can you see the blue wiring? I always thought that was pretty kool.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived