What guitars do you like, but don't want to admit around here?

Beckman

• Members

BFG.jpg

I don't know what it is, I just like the looks of it. I know it gets blasted here pretty bad though. I would finish off a few things if I ever got one, but I really like the looks of these, and the idea of the p90 neck.

I might get one of those yet...I like the P90 in the neck too. I also think that (generally speaking) the Gibson QC issues are way overblown...though one doozie can really add up, as can 5 less than stellars and a bunch of not perfects...:p

• Members

BC Rich is one of my favorite brands, but most people roll their eyes at them around here. They're just all too jaded to see that the Mockingbird is the -real- Les Paul.

I see you old timers' teles and raise you a seagull, damnit.

Mockingbirds are killer - I swear by all of mine. Great neck-through feel, hot pickups and electronics, and great sustain. Plus a unique design that doesn't necessarily scream "metal" as much as some of the other BC Rich models...

Got one of these exotic classics last year with the Koa veneer - just switched to cream colored humbuckers:

mock_exotic_koa.jpg

And my NJ Classic:

BCRNJClassicMockingbird.jpg

Got severe GAS for an original late 70s koa model:

3.jpg

• Members

Mockingbirds are killer - I swear by all of mine. Great neck-through designs, hot pickups and electronics, and great sustain. Plus a unique design that doesn't necessarily scream "metal" as much as some of the other BC Rich models...

I grabbed my Special X 'bird last year when they were on clearance, got a killer deal on it. They're really nice, I didn't like them that much at first, but they've grown on me. Need some slightly hotter pups in mine though. I will admit, however, that I'm also guilty of liking their metal shapes.

• Members

Help!I'maRock! came pretty close to saying what I was going to reply. I can't think of any guitars I like I'm worried about anyone knocking, but if there were something, I'm not sure why I should give a rat's a** enough to worry about what anyone else thought.

Maybe a better question for this thread might have been: "How many forget this is just an internet forum and actually worry about what anyone else thinks?"

Archived