Anyone ever play a Burns Steer?

Muddslide

• Members

Yeah, Bragg is the ONLY person I've ever seen play one.

I think it's pretty cool though...

I always wondered what that little green guitar billy bragg played was. now i know...cheers! definately different looking but he gets a nice bright punchy sound out of it almost tele like..

• Members

I still like it. From what I read, these can go from Tele to Les Paul in a split second.

I would definitely take one.

The ugliest dog I ever had was also the best I ever had. I'd give one a try if I had the oportunity. You never really know till it's in your hands, plugged in.

• Members

i've got a buddy that had one.great,great sounding and playing guitar. the build quality was great,the neck was a thinnish c shape and the electronics were really versatile.

if i saw one for a good price i would pick it up without hesitation.

They have them on ebay all day long. I used to have a search for Burns guitars because I was interested in a Bison & all that usually came up were the Steers.

• 11 years later...
  • Members

I've got the cut-away one. After scouring the shops around America and the UK, I rang Burns up in London and what do you know, they had an ex display one that was complete with the crocodile effect steel case. Had it four 3 years now and still love it.

The guitar plays fantastic on all fronts. I couldn't recommend it highly enough

• 1 year later...
  • Members

I actually have the London Burns Steer (No-Cut Away). I have owned for about 20 years now. It sounds great and plays great. The neck pick up has a great tone and with the split humbucker you can get that country twang. Of course add a little crunch to it and it really rocks also. If you ever come across one I would recommend grabbling for the right price. I will never part with mine. Its my first pick of my collection.