Gretsch Stump-o-matic Corvette?

kit_strong

• Members

I don't really have any feelings one way or the other for Patrick Stump but this seems like a sweet guitar.

Does anyone have a clue on pricing?

If they are in the same ballpark as the G.Love Corvette then it seems like it would be an excellent value.

Linky to the product page

• Members

I'm not a fan of Megatron pickups. The recipe is ceramic magnets and wound very hot. Both are wound exactly the same too which is kind of interchangeable. Three of them sounds like overkill too with lots of string pull to the guitar. I have 4 Corvettes. One is a Chinese Electromatic. I replaced the neck pickup with a TV Jones Magnatron and replaced the ceramic magnet in the bridge pickup for alnico and now I love the sound.

Still it looks like it would be a cool platform for modding if you like Gretsch pickups. I'd probably put a Supertron in the bridge, a TV Jones Classic in the middle and a Hilotron at the neck...and then create some crazy wiring to do all sorts of weird things mixing them. BUT WHAT HAPPENED TO THE BIGSBY?

the G. love is coming down in price...I've seen them on Ebay in the $700 to $800 range.

They DO have TV Jones Powertrons in them which would cost you over $200 to install in a standard Corvette. And then there's the Bigsby.

Archived