Band in a Box - HCEG opinions

nuke_diver

• Members

I use it almost every day.

You can get midi files for standards and put them in and you can also type in changes and practice playing oer changes.

It's also good for putting chord changes in and exporting as a SMF - then import into Finale and make a lead sheet.

• Members

It's decent for trying out ideas and just messing around with patterns to jam along to. I don't think anybody would confuse it with a real band. I haven't updated it for 5 years or so, so I imagine the current version is better than the one I have.

• Members

I based it on this but this is company website info and it doesn always work out exactly like it says

While the basic concept behind Band-in-a-Box has remained the same since it was first conceived over 20 years ago, hundreds of innovative features have been added. The list of things that you can do with Band-in-a-Box is endless! The Soloist, Melodist, and Audio Chord Wizard are examples of amazing "intelligent" features; the Soloist generates professional quality solos over any chord progression, the Melodist can create entire songs from scratch with Chords, Melodies, Intros, and Solos (even a Title!), the Medley Maker can combine songs to create interesting medleys, and the Audio Chord Wizard can figure out the chords in any audio file (wave files, MP3, WMA, etc.).

• Members

I based it on this but this is company website info and it doesn always work out exactly like it says

While the basic concept behind Band-in-a-Box has remained the same since it was first conceived over 20 years ago, hundreds of innovative features have been added. The list of things that you can do with Band-in-a-Box is endless! The Soloist, Melodist, and Audio Chord Wizard are examples of amazing "intelligent" features; the Soloist generates professional quality solos over any chord progression, the Melodist can create entire songs from scratch with Chords, Melodies, Intros, and Solos (even a Title!), the Medley Maker can combine songs to create interesting medleys, and the Audio Chord Wizard can figure out the chords in any audio file (wave files, MP3, WMA, etc.).

I missed that one. I'd be surprised if it works, but it sounds like they're giving it a shot.

Archived