Problems with GC

Belva

• Members

Being in the market for a new amp head I loaded up my speaker cab & my guitars. Went to the local Guitar Center & they told me I couldn't try their heads with my cab using my guitars. Good head is a lifetime investment (or at least 60 seconds). Needless to say I was pissed! Anybody else run into this problem with the mighty GC? If they can't stand a little volume they're in the wrong bidness.

• Members

Meh...just take advantage of their return policy and buy whichever you think you'll like best, then take it for a spin for a couple weeks. Don't like it? Drop it back buy and try another.

Assuming there's not some restocking fee, but I don't think there is.

• Members

About two years ago - I took my then 8 Space rack into a Chicago area Sam Ash - and they just logged what was in it.

Me and a freind played thru some cabs & almost blew one of them - I was playing a seven string & I put on my "fear factory" preset. The cabinet was "woofing" soo bad, a young boy could have confused it for a dog!! bwahahaha

Ah, those were the days!

• Members

It could be they were worried about proper impedance? They didn't want to take my word for it being an 8ohm cab. It's homemade, but it aint a crappy job. It's also closed back so you can't see what's in it or how it's wired. The return policy idea is a winner.

• Members

I brought a Splawn Nitro and my Ibanez into the GC by me and they had no problem with me hooking up to cabs to try them out, they were actually BRINGING me cabs to try out haha.

Same thing happened when I took my 76 goldtop in to test some amps last year. Everyone wanted to check it out and it took forever to try the couple amps on my list.

Archived