Could this be a fake?

austikins

• Members

Back in the day they did make some really faggy looking SGs.

That's a real one.

It's sad that people find it acceptable to use words like "faggy". I feel sorry for people who practice bigotry, and hope the mods will encourage tolerance on these boards by banning all hate speech.

• Members

It's sad that people find it acceptable to use words like "faggy". I feel sorry for people who practice bigotry, and hope the mods encourage tolerance.

Look who it is- he doesn't count as a person.

I'd say look here and see what you can find

http://everythingsg.com/index.htm

It seems wrong on the surface anyway as far as being stock.

• Members

how i see it if youre going to make a fake gibson youll make a les paul cause theyre way more popular. if anything ask for a serial number and hunt around online to find out what it is.

i do believe on gibsons minus custom shop the 1st and the 5th in the serial are the years. for exaplme my les paul is 8XXX0XXX its a 1980

• Members

how i see it if youre going to make a fake gibson youll make a les paul cause theyre way more popular. if anything ask for a serial number and hunt around online to find out what it is.

i do believe on gibsons minus custom shop the 1st and the 5th in the serial are the years. for exaplme my les paul is 8XXX0XXX its a 1980

Exactly. It takes just as much effort to make a counterfeit $5 bill as it does to make a counterfeit $100 bill, and it's just as illegal. So why bother?

The stuff you want to be careful of are old Strats and Teles, and pretty much any high-end Gibson. That's where the money is - and faking a $4000 Les Paul is as easy as sending a couple hundred bucks to the right Chinese importer.

Archived