GAS....or.....GREED??????

robbyg

• Members

Read my equipment list...nothing amazing (just ask somebody like bbreaker,ect) , but I have very servicable instruments....can't play but one at a time...BUT still want american deluxe hss strat..my '97 does all this thing will , and I've got the bases covered on just about any genre I need to play....my wife tells me "if you want it,get it."(she actually bought me the blue tele in my avatar). And she means just that...I'm blessed with a wonderful wife! So you know what I'm gonna do? New 50" TV. Something the whole family can enjoy. Nothing wrong with new guitars , and I could get the guitar and the tv and be ok , but now just ain't the time . She is truly a wonderful person , and she doesn't buy hardly anything for herself . There..I feel better.. and happy Valentine's Day!

• Members
GAS or GREED? What does it matter? If you can afford it, and it doesn't interfere with another need or desire, I say do it.

Besides, an HSS strat is somewhat different from what you have now, so it's not like you're repeating yourself.

I've got the lukather set-up in the strat..it's h s s .. and I love it except that position 2 (bridge and middle) does NOT split the 'bucker..position 4 makes up for it on the clean side..very sweet!!

• Members

I read a true story today about a single, impoverished Peruvian woman who fed her family by ironing the clothes of rich people. Someone stole her iron and she couldn't afford to replace it, so she became malnourished.

It got me thinking about how much I have: house, wife, 2 cars, solid job, food, guitars, TV, computer, health, etc. etc.

I'm damn lucky to have been born where I was and had the opportunities I've had.

I certainly wouldn't deny you the pleasure of getting another guitar, but I applaud your restraint in not buying everything you can just because you can.

• Members

I know where you are coming from. My wife told me to go ahead and buy a new amp as a Valentines day gift. I took the money and bought her a heart shaped diamond ring instead. She thinks I'm going to pick up my new amp tomorrow. I think she will probably be suprised when I get home. I can afford the amp also if I want but will probably save the money.

Archived