Tim McGraw apologizes for Greatest Hits album

Billster

• Members

---he's at least put his money where his mouth is.

Frankly, I'm glad a musician spoke out about wanting to make new music instead of just coasting on another greatest hits package. And it's also in his interest to do so, because the way to continue to build a career is NOT to coast.

In a contrary, but related issue, although I like some of Garth Brooks' songs, didn't he, in his commercial quest to be the best-selling artist ever, put out the same album but with several different albums covers on it, so the desperate country folk who worshipped him would buy multiples of the same album...hence driving up his sales?

I could be wrong...it wouldn't be the first time the personal CPU coughed up inaccurate information.

And I do respect Tim for one thing...when his Dad, Tug, former major league pitcher, came down with a malignant brain tumor and was given little time to live, Tim, who I believe was somewhat estranged from his Dad, took him out of the hospital he was in and got him a new set of doctors who came up with a bit different opinion and ultimately were able to keep his Dad alive for a lot longer than his original doctors had settled on.

Bravo, Tim.

• Members

when his Dad, Tug, former major league pitcher, came down with a malignant brain tumor and was given little time to live, Tim, who I believe was somewhat estranged from his Dad, took him out of the hospital he was in and got him a new set of doctors who came up with a bit different opinion and ultimately were able to keep his Dad alive for a lot longer than his original doctors had settled on.

Didn`t know that. Like him even more now.

Archived