The music world is truly coming to an end...AHHHH

GuitarRules

• Members

Nothing new here - this is a phenomenon that has been happening in music since at least the Frankie Avalon days. The bubblegum pop/teen heartthrob does not portend the end of music as we know it, simply the fact that prefabricated teenieboppers are still a cash cow for the industry...

al-Sahaf.jpg

Nothing to see here - move along!

• Members

I just find it funny that they are comparing something like this to something like The Beatles. But I agree, this doesn't threaten music as we musicians know it. Unless the fans are the only reason you play, then music will hopefully continue to grow and the mainstream stuff will start having more and more actual instrumental talent. But don't worry, 15 years from now we'll see this girl doing the comments on VH1 or something like that and be like "who the hell is that?".

Disney has been making a killing on stuff like this though. Last week the "high school musical - on ice" tour was in hampton and caused major traffic.

• Members

at this point you have to wonder why daddy's paying so much for that family pack when he doesn't even like the CD.
:freak:

LOL.....It's all crazy I tell ya! Crazy Insane!!! :eek::eek: And I thought I was crazy for paying 250 bucks for some 20th row center Rush tickets a month ago....:)

:rolleyes::freak:;)

• Members

What cracks me up is all the soccer Moms who are having a hissy fit over scalper ticket prices. And that people will pay that amount to see a 14 year old plastic pop princess performing corporate board approved bubblegum pop.

I have kept my kids as far as possible away from the preteen pop crap that 'Radio Disney' pushes 24/7 and tried to steer them towards real music. So far I have been successful. My 11 year old daughter has not been corrupted by Disney yet....

• Members

disney is latin for satan

+1,000,000

I recall about 20 years ago, (we were living in Idaho Falls) my wife and I went to the cable company to stop getting the Disney Channel because neither we nor our son thought it was worth the ducats. I thought they were going to report us to the FBI as child abusers or commies! So many people are brainwashed by that nonsense...

• Members

What cracks me up is all the soccer Moms who are having a hissy fit over scalper ticket prices. And that people will pay that amount to see a 14 year old plastic pop princess performing corporate board approved bubblegum pop.

I have kept my kids as far as possible away from the preteen pop crap that 'Radio Disney' pushes 24/7 and tried to steer them towards real music. So far I have been successful. My 11 year old daughter has not been corrupted by Disney yet....

The only soccer moms throwing hissy fits are those that got stuck at the back of the line and didn't get their chance to pay ridiculous money for these tickets.

Here's a bit of information for ya, ladies: If scalpers are getting $2500 for these tickets, it's because you folks are willing to pay that amount for em. You got no one to blame but yourself.