FENDER BLACK LOGO (SQUIER SERIES) - CAN ANYONE HELO WITH INFO PLEASE ????

Stereohigh

• Members

Well its turning out to be a strange beast this one, its a 1990`s Fender strat (age is according to the database for the serial)

it says made in japan on the neck, it has a black Fender Logo, but has squire series written in tiny letters on the end of the headstock.

I can not find any info on these, I found a bit of info on MIM versions, apparently they were overstocked american parts fitted with mexican and far eastern parts,is this just the same but with a japanese neck ? or is it a different beast ?

:)

:confused:

100_0679.jpg100_0680.jpg

• Members

I remember the original Japanese 'Fender Squier Series' guitars well ...

In a (sadly now-defunct) store in London's West End, a notoriously picky tonehoundy tech who worked there pulled out a newly-arrived '52 Tele repro from that series. 'I can't believe how good these are,' he said, plugging it in and playing some archetypal Tele twangage, 'better than anything the Yanks are doing right now ...'

Shoulda bought one. My bad ...

• Members

I've got one of those MIJ Squier series too, but with a maple neck. Been my main axe since forever. Mine was probably build in 1994. The neck is rather thin, but feels great nonetheless.

I can't find any information about the MIJ versions, but since mine has been cut out for single coils only I suspect they're made of bodies and necks of 'regular' Japanese reissue-series Fenders, combined with the cheapest and crappiest electronics they could get their hands on. Needless to say only the wood on my guitar is original, everything else has been replaced.

auh1fq.jpg

• Members

Well its turning out to be a strange beast this one, its a 1990`s Fender strat (age is according to the database for the serial)

it says made in japan on the neck, it has a black Fender Logo, but has squire series written in tiny letters on the end of the headstock.

I can not find any info on these, I found a bit of info on MIM versions, apparently they were overstocked american parts fitted with mexican and far eastern parts,is this just the same but with a japanese neck ? or is it a different beast ?

:)

:confused:

100_0679.jpg100_0680.jpg

It's just a Mexican made Fender part from 1994, when they still called MIM strats "Squiers." I had a really nice one I got for 80 bucks. Then I hacked it to shit.

• 10 months later...
  • Members

Was tryin' to find info on this guitar and stumbled on here.....just picked up one of these but wasn't sure what it was, since someone sanded of the " Squier Series" off the headstock.

Mine is T010xxx and Made In Japan, built at Fujigen in 1994.

I was concerned :facepalm: that i paid too much for this guitar, but the more i find out about it, the less concerned i'm getting...these seem to be quite rated, at least amongst those that seem to own one.

Archived