Foxx Fuzz Wa & Volume

MDMachiavelli

• Members

When I was a kid my dad played the guitar in a band and in our city and surrounding community he was known to buy any musical equipment anyone wanted to pawn. He was always coming home with various guitars, amps, and etc. About 30 years ago (when I was 12) my dad came home with a pedal board with various vintage effects on it. He immediately asked me if there was anything on it I wanted, because he played nothing but country, and the first thing I noticed was the Wah. Being into things like Hendrix I grabbed the Wah and used it for years. I have never seen one before or since.

My main questions about it are:

Does anyone know the time frame of it?

Is that on/off toggle switch a customization or was it manufactured like that?

It needs a little work, can and is it worth getting repair?

It has some character to it. It was on a homemade pedalboard and the original owner drilled holes through it on the front and back lip and screwed it to the board.

Thanks in advance for any and all comments and opinions.

​I tried posting pics but no matter what I did they would not load. I resized them, up loaded them to an album, and tried another device (iPad) and the pics would not load. They loaded to my album but wouldn't load in this thread.

Those are generally from the 70s era. $450 seems to be the current asking price for them on Ebay. The modifications / holes drilled into yours and overall generally fair to poor cosmetic condition would lower its value to a collector, who generally prefer pristine, un-modified units.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Foxx-fuzz-wa...item2c94734d24

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Foxx-Fuzz-Wa...item2a49d69e35

Is it worth getting yours fixed? Most likely - although if it were me the pedal would have far greater sentimental value than monetary value.

Sorry you had issues with the images - the second attempt seems to have worked fine since I can plainly see them. :)

• Members

Yeah my dad isn't around anymore so 10 X $450 wouldn't buy this one. I may take it to this guy I know and see what he thinks. I'm not sure I would ever use it again anyway. I have Wah pedals out the wazoo anyway (almost a pun wasn't it). I was just curious. Thanks. I also sent you a PM that you can disregard also. Again thanks.

Archived