entire west coast whiped out by tsunami....

• Members

AP:

CRESCENT CITY, Calif. - A major earthquake struck about 80 miles off the coast of northern California on Tuesday night, briefly prompting a tsunami warning along the Pacific coast.

The 7.0-magnitude quake struck at about 7:50 p.m. southwest of the coastal community of Crescent City and 300 miles northwest of San Francisco, according to the U.S. Geological Survey Web site.

Witnesses felt buildings shaking along the California coast but there were no immediate reports of damage.

A tsunami warning was briefly in effect from the California-Mexico border north to Vancouver Island, British Columbia, but was called off about an hour after the quake hit.

The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration runs the warning system, which includes 25 other countries with Pacific coastlines.

Crescent City was the site of the only known tsunami to cause deaths in the continental United States. Eleven people died and 29 city blocks were washed away when a tsunami spawned by a quake hit Crescent City in 1964.

• Members

Sorry the system scared all my west coast friends..Better safe than sorry.

But on another note,had they not sounded the warning it would have made major news and moved some of the Jackson {censored} aside..I mean I was going to watch Shania twain on Larry King tonight and got Jackson's lawyer..Oh Well glad you are all safe..

• Members

Originally posted by Last Nerve

Can you guys fill me in?

We just had an earthquake here tonite....Eureka, CA...and I've been looking all over for some info.

Quick, send all the purple McKinleyville buds to me for safekeeping.

• Members
Originally posted by capnbringdown

Looks like Bill Hicks could've been the 20th century Nostradomus.
:D

i thought it was alister crowley (sp???)

Yeah, 7.0 is no small quake. We had one of those up here about 4 or 5 years ago. ammazingly very little was dammage, and no one died.

I know that the NW is supposedly in for some major ones eventually as there are a few major faults up here that are way overdue.

• Members

I started listening to C2CAM around 1993, when I moved up here to Alaska, and I was kinda mad when I heard George was replacing Art...But all that changed after awhile and I gotta say I like George just a tiny bit more than Art :)

MJ

• Members

I said, ART BELL IS MY NIGGA!!!!!

George Noory is great, but I love the fact that Art's been broadcasting from his trailer in the desert near here forever, talking to nutbags while smoking cigarettes in the middle of the night.

• Members

Originally posted by corso

I said, ART BELL IS MY NIGGA!!!!!

George Noory is great, but I love the fact that Art's been broadcasting from his trailer in the desert near here forever, talking to nutbags while smoking cigarettes in the middle of the night.

I kinda find that life style alluring. I wouldn't mind doing that kinda weird geeky Mulder's friends reporting.

Archived