Clarity Frequencies on graphic eq?

• Members

I have had much experience with my 31 band graphic rack unit but I have heard ppl refer to the 10KHz - 20KHz range as the clarity range.? I have lots of info on EQ ranges but none of them label this range as such. any info im missing?? Or is this phrase not referencing the live usage?

• Members

Bro... Here's the info... I'm the guy who posted the thread about graphic equalizer help... From the reply of just one person I've learned a few things... You can clarify or sharpen or do anything to a sound in ANY range depending upon what it is. Wether that is guitars, keyboards, strings, horns, vocals, anything. So All I know that I can tell you is that reducing your 100 HZ fader on your EQ unit will reduce boom on guitars and increase clarity. so there you go! Good luck

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Also be careful with the 2k & 2.5k. Those two higher frequencies are the harshest on the ears when listening to a mix. Too much of either and it's a bad thing

I had a housemate who would SCREECH when she spoke loudly. Her voice was so harsh I literally could not be within 10 metres of her. Her voice definitely must have peaked in the 2.25kHz range.

Plus she was a feral too :freak: , and dishonest. Ugly inside AND out.

• Members

I had a housemate who would SCREECH when she spoke loudly. Her voice was so harsh I literally could not be within 10 metres of her. Her voice definitely must have peaked in the 2.25kHz range.

Plus she was a feral too
:freak:
, and dishonest. Ugly inside AND out.

Tell us how you REALLY Feel!!:poke:

• Members

Also be careful with the 2k & 2.5k. Those two higher frequencies are the harshest on the ears when listening to a mix. Too much of either and it's a bad thing

so cut like say 1 or 2 db in that range to reduce harshness??? I wnat a warm,non harsh sounding tone live. Its getting there but better use of EQ will help.

Archived