GLXD24/SM58

• Members

I've been procrastinating over a wireless microphone for ages but have never pulled the pin. One of the reasons was I hate the idea of having to keep feeding it batteries.

I do like the rechargeable feature of the GLXD24 range. Anybody given them a try. Similar price to a Line 6 XD V75 (at least in Australia) which is also on my short list.

Cheers

• Members
I've been procrastinating over a wireless microphone for ages but have never pulled the pin. One of the reasons was I hate the idea of having to keep feeding it batteries.
Rechargeables work fine in most wireless, especially for rehearsals where one going dead isn't a problem. The higher end rechargeables work fine for a gig too. Best to check on their life before using them at a gig though. The ones from Tenergy seem fine - even the 9 volts.

• Members

Just a note on my wireless Shure mics. The digital one will run about 8 hours on Nickel Metal Hydride AA batteries. The Handheld analog runs about 5 hours on the same batteries. I also put the mics away with the installed batteries and transmitter still on. (Draining the batteries nearly completely.) Then I charge them the next day. It's been working quite well and I rotate 3 sets of batteries. (And I use at least 2 pair of batteries every week.)

• Members

The thing I liked about this model is that it comes with a proprietary lithium-iron battery that can be recharged by plugging it into to the receiver and also via USB. According to the spec's it charges up quickly and has 16 hours of battery life. Of course the downside is you can't just pop a couple of AAs in when the battery goes flat.

I was hoping someone may have some experience with this model and can comment on its real world use.

Cheers

Archived