The music on Target commercials

Lee Knight

• Moderators

So who the heck is picking these tunes on the Target commercials. They are, in my opinion, consistently really cool tunes. Does anyone here know... and am I alone in my opinion?

I don't think I've seen one of their spots in the past year or more where I didn't absolutely dig the music. Good stuff.

• Members

Seems I remember hearing the bridge to one of my old faves on a Target ad... maybe Portishead?

I guess this is what they meant when they said we'd have to move increasingly to ancillary revenue streams... Now if you could get Target to carry your band T-shirts...

• Moderators

So it is regular release music then. Has anyone noticed how consistently cool the music is on the Target spots though? I'm not saying I'd love any of the artists on everything they'd put out, or that I'd dig the artist out of context but...

When those Target commercials come on I immediately think "Oooh, cool tune". So this isn

• Members

They have remixed some tracks in the past. You can follow this and other placements at adtunes.com. They have a forum that is pretty active and useful for identifying tracks.

I don't know anything about the selection process. Target Stores have a design shop in LA, but I believe that most decisions are made in MPLS. MPLS is the mini-Apple - urbane, sophisticated, civilized and effing-freezing. Target is a major music retailer who manages their own departments.

• Members

Originally posted by spokenward

They have remixed some tracks in the past. You can follow this and other placements at
. They have a forum that is pretty active and useful for identifying tracks.

Thanks! I used the AdTunes site to track down a song I love in the GEICO "caveman going through the airport" spot, Royksopp "Remind Me".

Archived