Texas sheriff: Fiona Apple arrested after hashish found on tour bus

chunky-b

• Members

120920101936-fiona-apple-mug-horizontal-

(CNN) -- Border patrol agents in Texas arrested singer Fiona Apple after finding marijuana and hashish on her tour bus, authorities said Thursday.

Agents stopped the bus at a checkpoint in Sierra Blanca, Texas, Wednesday night and arrested the singer after a drug-sniffing dog detected controlled substances onboard, the Hudspeth County Sheriff's Office said in a statement. Investigators found 0.010 pounds of marijuana and 0.010 pounds of hashish, the statement said.

"Fiona Apple Maggart, freely admitted that the controlled substances belonged to her and she was placed under arrest by U.S. Border Patrol agents and detained," the statement said.

Apple was transported to the Hudspeth County Jail, where she was released on Thursday after posting a $10,000 bond, the statement said.

A representative for Apple declined to comment Thursday.

The sultry-voiced singer first shot to fame in 1997 with her hit single, "Criminal," which earned her a Grammy Award for best female vocal rock performance.

She is currently on tour promoting her new album and was scheduled to perform in Austin on Thursday night.

:cop:

• Members

Wow. I'm against drug use but $10,000 bond for .010 lbs of marijuana and hashish?! That's a little extreme to say the least. I'd get a good attorney and get the amount reduced or throw a benefit concert for the local sherrif's office with the proceeds going to the department in exchange for deferred adjudication or complete dismissal.

• Members

The sheriff got his 15 minutes of fame for releasing the news story and appeared to be tough on drug crime... Her lawyer will plea bargain it down to a misdemeanor and community service or time served and everyone will go on along their merry way... I mean, she will tell the judge, "What I need is a good defense

'Cause I'm feelin' like a criminal "

[video=youtube;FFOzayDpWoI]

• Members

Where did she get hash?
:love::mad:

City of San Diego has closed most dispensaries, but lots will still deliver to authorized patients. Here is one of the few still open to "walk-ins"... http://legalmarijuanadispensary.com/dispensaries/california/ocean-beach/gworks.

I don't know where she calls "home", but if it was Hollywood, here's a place on Santa Monica Blvd with lots of everything, hash included: http://legalmarijuanadispensary.com/dispensaries/california/hollywood/606

Archived