What kind of Arbor is this?

reichrg

• Members

Hi, my dad gave me this guitar about 10 years ago and he had it for around 15 or so years before that. I was just wondering if anyone could tell me anything more about it other than the fact that it's an Arbor. Not looking to sell it, just want to know more about it. Thanks in advance.

67b81f785cb1c2a51bbc6b14583257da.thumb.jpg.77a04bfda9fa25d9468ab5864061b225.jpg

817b45bfdcbad28c7e30ef2ad892e102.thumb.jpg.814f2100d63be55a8dcb02a78688a8db.jpg

• Members

It's unlikely to be a fake IMHO. Why take the trouble to make a counterfeit Arbor? An expensive guitar like a Martin, Guild, Gibson, etc., sure but making a fake Arbor is more trouble than it's worth. It's probably just a fairly rare model. Lord knows, I haven't seen every guitar ever made. The important thing is how it sounds and plays. I have an old 70's Sakura guitar that I got when I was in college. I played and loved it for many years but most folks have never heard of them. What's the model number, out of curiosity?

• Members

That really quite fascinating. I'm not familiar with the name but the sound hole is pretty cool - is that a lute style rose insert in the sound hole or was that actually carved into the top? I'd really like to see more and better pictures.

Is there any kind of label inside - either glued to the back or maybe up by the neck block? Sometimes that will give more information about the builder.

Archived