K. Yasuma newance, model W250

glenna

• Members

i have recently inherited this guitar and am learning to play on it but i can find no information on it what so ever, all i know is it is about 30 years old. If anyone knows anything about it i would be very appreciative of them passing on that knolage.

Thanks

• Members

i have recently inherited this guitar and am learning to play on it but i can find no information on it what so ever, all i know is it is about 30 years old. If anyone knows anything about it i would be very appreciative of them passing on that knolage.

Thanks

Post some pics, I would love to see it.

• Members

Thanks

I am not sure what it is you want to know. From what I could find from doing a google search is that it is a Japanese made guitar from the 1970's. Probably all solid wood...spruce top with mahogany or rosewood back and sides. One of many Japanese companies copying Martin dreads. Apparently they also made mandolins and smaller size guitars.. It also appears that these guitars were marketed extensively in the UK as it seems that many people from the UK have bought them either new in the 1970's or recently used. It also appears they stopped production in the late 1970's or early 1980's. There were companies in Japan during the 1970's making excellent Martin acoustic guitar copies. Yamaki (Daion) being one of them.

I also read the term "lawsuit" being thrown around but from what I remember the only real "lawsuit" guitars were the electric guitars built by Ibanez and it had to do with the headstock shape being way to close to Gibson's "open book" style. Some people use the term "lawsuit" to help make the guitar more collectable but as far as I know Martin did not sue any Japanese companies copying their guitars. Someone please correct me if I am wrong. I know Takamine also made good copies of Martins in the 1970's with the same headstock shape and almost the same logo.

Bottom line...if it sounds and plays good to you and you are learning how to play guitar that's really all that matters. :D

Welcome to the forum and please feel free to drop in anytime with any other acoustic guitar related questions. You will find a lot of friendly folks here willing to share.

Regards,

OGP

• Members

That looks pretty nice.

How does it sound?

Are those water stains on the inside near the label? Looks like someone might have spilled their beer.
;)

i am only new to the world of guitars so all i can tell you is it has a much deeper note than most other acoustics i have heard or played, but it sounds really nice.

as for the stains on the inside, i dont know, but it looks to me like someone went a bit overboard with the glue.

P.S. thanks OldGuitarPlayer, that helps a little, and i agree with the "bottom line......"

• 6 years later...
  • Members

Yes 1970's -

im going to be very honest with you ! in the 1970's japan was flooding the markets with their decent but inexspensive guitars -

Their are so many brands ( i think from a few factories -that just popped a different name on them , depending on who the seller was )

I know a local company at the time -Brand names - had their own brand name - HEIT comes to mind .

Value - around a hundred bucks + --

if it has a nice sound -and it plays well , that's all that matters !

I think it has a great look !

Archived