No announcement yet.

Fender GC23S Grand Concert Acoustic??

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender GC23S Grand Concert Acoustic??

I'm checking out this guitar: http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-GC23S-Acoustic-Guitar?sku=513889

Because it has a nice price, it has a concert body (comfortable) and I need a new acoustic. Anybody ever played one?
    Jess

So nobody knows anything about this acoustic? I'm looking for a concert/auditorium style body guitar in the $300 price range.
    Jess

Comment

Fenders are crap. Go buy a Yamaha.

BigAl
      Instruments:
      Custom Dreadnaught Solid Hog

Comment

search amazon, they might have what you need

Comment

Fenders are crap. Go buy a Yamaha. . . .

Okay, now that the usual unhelpful knee jerk reaction is out of the way, let's try a constructive response: There's not a lot of love for Fender acoustics hereabouts but there are some that are worth considering. Personally, I'm not acquainted with that model so I can't say whether it's worth considering or not. However, there are other options. As bigald18 pointed out, Yamaha is usually a good bet. At the low end, the Ibanez Sage series has a couple of concert models. The Alvarez RF20S typically sells for about what the Fender does and is likely a much better guitar. Also, don't forget used. I'd try local music stores, pawn shops, Craigslist, etc.
          Official HCAG “Theory-Challenged Hack”
          Member of the IBANEZ ACOUSTIC ASSASSINS
          Proud Member of The Alvarez Alliance
          Member of the Schecter Society
          Person-2-Person on the Web

Comment

Working...
          X