Happy old guitar day?

katopp

• Members

Well, you know, that you have too many guitars, when you look for something else and run into a guitar, that you haven't had played for 5 years or so.

Actually, I was looking for a fossilized ivory saddle that I was pretty sure had to be in a gigbag somewhere ...

... and I ran into a guitar, that I had long forgotten.

A Peavey Jack Daniels AG-3 from the pre-production series - without a pickup.

Solid cedar top over solid hog. IMHO a bit underbuilt, but - oh dear, what a sound. It's booming away almost everything but the D35 and it's pretty darn close to the D40, even though it was only 1/3 or less of the Martin - AFAIR.

If that is by any means an example, how wood can age, even when not being played for years - I'm looking forward to listen to my other guitars in some year's time...

• Members

This is a little-known secret among those of us with too many guitars.

We can self-satisfy our GAS with just a visit to our git closet.
:)

LOL! Do you make yourselves were aprons and take off your watches before you try the guitars too?!! :poke:

• Members

"self-satisfying GAS"
....now THERE'S a scary concept for people who aren't up to speed with the type of thing we talk about here.... (don't even want to breath that to my GF...!!)

:D

And yet ANOTHER GF classic! I gotta start saving these in a special file. Brindleleaf, that girl's a reincarnated Mark Twain! Natural wit!

• Members

This is a little-known secret among those of us with too many guitars.

We can self-satisfy our GAS with just a visit to our git closet.
:)

Yes, I should put up a regime of rotating the playng stock.

But then again, it would spare me those wonderful moments...

• Members

And yet ANOTHER GF classic! I gotta start saving these in a special file. Brindleleaf, that girl's a reincarnated Mark Twain! Natural wit!

You're spot on, and I think her 'natural wit' comes from the same source as Twain's.......she's honest, ....but really does encourage me.

And she happens to be the most generous, genuine and wise woman I've ever met.....(MINE! mine! MINE! ...(did I already mention gorgeous and smart..?:D)).

Archived