No announcement yet.

where to find saddle for Ovation

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where to find saddle for Ovation

I have a Tangent 257, an all-black model. Saddle is broken. But it's a thin saddle and has those little 'feet' on the underside. Can't order one directly from Ovation, and the local dealer they pointed me to coudn't even find the website that I found that pointed me to them!!!

Any ideas where I might find one? or do I just have to go with a generic bone-like saddle?
    Les Paul's & Strats, Fender Super & Blues Junior, Fulltone pedals & a whole lot of stuff that I don't use and can't seem to let go....

I'd suggest starting your search right here.

http://www.guitarsaddles.com/

If Bob Colosi can't help you, he'll know who can.
    Three Dreads......2 Martins and 1 YamahaA fiddle, a mando, a uke, eight harmonicas, a Zoom H2, a Panasonic recorder, coupla penny whistles, an Italian made Titano accordion, three handguns, at least a dozen chess sets, more power tools than Bob Vila, and one old Westclox "Big Ben" wind-up alarm clock that still works! Oh, BTW, I forgot to mention my ocarina and maracas.

Comment

Does your old saddle look like this:

If so, you may have to have one specially made
      Official HCAG “Theory-Challenged Hack”
      Member of the IBANEZ ACOUSTIC ASSASSINS
      Proud Member of The Alvarez Alliance
      Member of the Schecter Society
      Person-2-Person on the Web

Comment

The little "feet" are designed to work with the piezzo pickup. If you can't find one from Ovation it would be possible to duplicate it but it would be a lot of work. Most guitars with USTs just use flat bottom saddles, I would be tempted to try one and see how it works.

Comment

Working...
        X