Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First acoustic electric

I am looking to purchase my first acoustic electric. For my pricepoint I usually stick with yamaha guitars. I'm really considering a FGX730SC. In my area I dont really have the option to play stuff before buying. I'm open to any suggestions of other guitars around the same price as the yamaha

Good deals with - Jim Hunter, Hosebeast, Evoken13, ToonHallow

What price range are you looking at?

I've never owned a Yamaha myself, but ive heard many many people recomend them. Especially acoustic electrics, because you apparently get good all around quality for a decent price.

Comment

• guildfire
      guildfire commented
      Editing a comment

That model Yamaha is a great choice at around $500 new.  You should also look at used pro level Taks as an option.  I picked one up for under $500 several years ago and it's been a great stage/live gig guitar.

I like your choice.

Bob.
    Martin HD35 | Gibson J45tv | Taylor DN3 | Guild GAD25 | Taylor Baby | Yamaha FG413SBD | Yamaha FG200

Comment

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/DN2411CE/

wechter

I've been intrigued with these (solid top...$249.00).  I had a Wechter pathmaker a few years ago and was impressed with the construction and the Plek setup.  I ended up selling it to a friend who was just starting out and wanted something easy to play.

Attached Files

Comment

• DeepEnd
        DeepEnd commented
        Editing a comment

w.g.h. wrote:

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/DN2411CE/ . . .

. . . I've been intrigued with these (solid top...$249.00).  I had a Wechter pathmaker a few years ago and was impressed with the construction and the Plek setup.  I ended up selling it to a friend who was just starting out and wanted something easy to play.

I met a guy a few years ago who owned a Pathmaker and he loved it. Still, $250 new for an acoustic/electric is pretty cheap. A decent straight acoustic will run you $200 or better, which leaves $50 for electronics and that's not much. If you must have factory electronics, check your local Craigslist or equivalent and find a used pro level Takamine. Otherwise, IMHO, you're better off buying a straight acoustic and having a pickup installed.

Working...
    X