Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Announcement

Harmony Central has “soft launched” our new mobile experience this past week. While we have done extensive testing, we know that with a community as large as HC that there will be items that surface that will still need to be addressed. We are asking that you utilize the thread belowto report any challenges you may encounter. Here are the things we request you provide: A brief description of the issue, the device and operating system version you were using, the browser and version, screen resolution, and a screen shot of the display.
Thanks for your patience as we work towards the best experience we can provide to our community.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...ablet-feedback
See more
See less

First acoustic electric

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First acoustic electric

I am looking to purchase my first acoustic electric. For my pricepoint I usually stick with yamaha guitars. I'm really considering a FGX730SC. In my area I dont really have the option to play stuff before buying. I'm open to any suggestions of other guitars around the same price as the yamaha

<div class="signaturecontainer">Good deals with - Jim Hunter, Hosebeast, Evoken13, ToonHallow</div>

What price range are you looking at?

I've never owned a Yamaha myself, but ive heard many many people recomend them. Especially acoustic electrics, because you apparently get good all around quality for a decent price.

Comment

• guildfire
      guildfire commented
      Editing a comment

That model Yamaha is a great choice at around $500 new.  You should also look at used pro level Taks as an option.  I picked one up for under $500 several years ago and it's been a great stage/live gig guitar.

I like your choice.

Bob.
    Martin HD35 | Gibson J45tv | Taylor DN3 | Guild GAD25 | Taylor Baby | Yamaha FG413SBD | Yamaha FG200

Comment

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/DN2411CE/

wechter

I've been intrigued with these (solid top...$249.00).  I had a Wechter pathmaker a few years ago and was impressed with the construction and the Plek setup.  I ended up selling it to a friend who was just starting out and wanted something easy to play.

Attached Files

Comment

• DeepEnd
        DeepEnd commented
        Editing a comment

w.g.h. wrote:

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/DN2411CE/ . . .

. . . I've been intrigued with these (solid top...$249.00).  I had a Wechter pathmaker a few years ago and was impressed with the construction and the Plek setup.  I ended up selling it to a friend who was just starting out and wanted something easy to play.

I met a guy a few years ago who owned a Pathmaker and he loved it. Still, $250 new for an acoustic/electric is pretty cheap. A decent straight acoustic will run you $200 or better, which leaves $50 for electronics and that's not much. If you must have factory electronics, check your local Craigslist or equivalent and find a used pro level Takamine. Otherwise, IMHO, you're better off buying a straight acoustic and having a pickup installed.

Working...
    X