Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gibson J-35 review...

Hey guys, I recently finished doing a review of the Gibson J-35, and I thought some of you might be interested in checking it out.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/t5/Expert-Reviews/Gibson-J-35/ba-p/35685031

It's a really cool guitar - very impressive value on the bang for the bucks scale.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Thanks Phil,

I'm on the hunt for a sitka/mahogany keeper and the J-35 is on my radar for a test drive.

(among a 1/2 dozen others)

R.I.P. TAH & Dak

Comment

• guitarcapo
      guitarcapo commented
      Editing a comment

Nice guitar. Bang for bucks? Not IMHO.

I always thought a great "bang for your buck" VINTAGE acoustic were those 60's jumbo Harmony Sovereigns:

Such as this one

You can probably buy 4 of them on Ebay for the cost of a single new Gibson acoustic.

50 years old vintage acoustics. Solid Honduran mahogany back and sides, Solid red spruce top. Solid one piece mahogany neck. Brazilian rosewood fingerboard and bridge. Hide glue construction. Spirit varnish shellac finish. Made in USA The same guitar Jimmy Page played the intro to Stairway to Heaven on. No depreciation hit. And since a lot of the components that make them are obsolete sure to appreciate in value. Not to derail your thread. Carry on:

Working...
X