Parker Guitar

Plato5v

• Members

I am considering buying a Parker PDF 105 but wonder if the RF522 is worth the extra money. I do like the push pull switch on the RF522 and the hard shell case. I have never spent that much money on a guitar. I had a P38 a while back and enjoyed it but got tired of it and sold it. I did like the thin neck.

I would appreciate any comments.

• Members

I got a great deal many years ago on a Parker Fly Classic. Got it for about half price (paid $1,100). But I've never bonded with it. The one I bought has some type of DiMarzios in it (I generally like that brand), but the guitar is short on vibe and chime. I really only like it when I have some of the piezo saddle p'up blended in.

Not saying my experience is typical, and I do still own that neglected guitar, but it certainly cured my further interest in Parker guitars. So I'd say try before you buy for sure.

But the other upside was indeed its ergonomics. It is definitely a comfortable guitar to play.

• Members

I've got a P36 (think it's that one... the tele type with piezo). I was looking at those 105's... has piezo too. I love what those can do... I suggest you get the 105 then you can report back how you like it (It's all about ME and my needs.... haha).

Archived