X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGRFD: telecaster

new guitar refinished day
    I put together a telecaster last week but the finish was crappy, the electronics were messed up, and I needed to make a nut. I planned on getting it refinished later on but I brought it to school and got like 20 scratches in it while taking good care of it so when I got home I started sanding it. My dad brought it to work for the finisher there could finish it. It came out very good there is 5 coats of lacquer on the top and 4 on the back and it only took 3 days to get it back. I'll only have to pay about $20 for the time spent on it. I also had him round it over 1/4" instead of 1/8" much more comfortable I wonder why all teles aren't like that. I also ordered 2 25k pots from stewmac when ordering strat pots because the old ones were scratchy, I used a 0.022 Sprague Orange Drop Tone Caps from guitarfetish instead of the .047 and I like it better because now everything I play doesn't have a tele twang to it which is really only useful for country but I can still get it. I made a new nut out of corian also. Now I just have to wait until I get some fender tuners from TomCray to upgrade the crappy squier ones with (but they will be going to my strat build no need for good tuners with a locking nut) Here's some much better pics than the camera phone pics also

Good deals with: Athiest_Peace, edoho67, Tweedledee, TomCray, tdepaul1313, JRguitar, jerryboy, ANameYouTrust, gsteph22, Altgtr33, highhorse, DFB, and rockitsauce

all mahogany strat w/ quilted maple cap: http://acapella.harmony-central.com/....php?t=2079859
    looking to trade DOD vibothang and monster cable for metal muff or bad monkey
    custom guitars myspace:
    http://www.myspace.com/afcustomguitars

that wood looks awesome. Get a pickguard though, just test fit one on there, I think it would make it all work
    check out my sweet dealzzz, I got tons of them

Comment

Yeah, a pickguard would be a nice improvement.

Comment

I think it looks awesome as is. No pickguard, FTW. Nice work.

Comment

wow that looks awesome

where can i buy a tele like that? id get a tele if they had like that...
          ilovemystrat
          ROCK'N'ROLL player in the Tokyo, Japan
          Leader/Founder of the Gibson Les Paul Classic Crew (GLPCC)

Gear:
          2007 Chambered Gibson Les Paul Standard in Ebony
          2006 Gibson Les Paul Classic in Natural Honeyburst
          2005 Fender Japan '57 Stratocaster
          1995 Marshall JTM30

Comment

what sort of monster puts EMGs in his tele!
            HCGJ Hyperbolic Race Traitor of the Year 2008

Originally Posted by Captain Scully

wayne vinson was sitting in seat 18c crying like a bitch.

i had to carry that softy out under my arm. if times got desperate he was going to be our raft.

he was wanting to store a bogner shiva in the coat closet. i later ate my lunch off that overpriced piece of **************** while i was sitting on the tail fin waiting for the rescue boats.

Originally Posted by mattoverb

omg I just noticed this thread has a vampire.

Comment

looks sweet!!! (pothead!)oke:
              Originally Posted by tinwhisker

tone is in the stfu

Originally Posted by saktr-iyko

i'm both a smart ass and correct

Comment

wow that looks awesome

www.warmoth.com
                www.usacustomguitars.com

Excellent guitar, weird wall stuff.
                Good NewsSPAMPpP

Comment

You lost me at the ganja stuff, but that's one sweet tele
                  LearnTheUkulele.com * SongwritingCircle.com * MojoCaster.com * GuitarVideoReviews.com * ThreeChordGuitar.com Listen to my music at www.UkenSmile.com!Now on twitter: @MojoCaster - offering private lessons via Skype

Comment

Sweet lookin' Tele!
                    1989 Gibson SG
                    Eleven Rack

Comment

wow that looks awesome

As said warmoth makes the bodies and necks those should come out nice. The emgs are the t-set and there not like for metal or anything like that. I don't think I'll get a pickguard for it though the wood looks awesome.
                      Good deals with: Athiest_Peace, edoho67, Tweedledee, TomCray, tdepaul1313, JRguitar, jerryboy, ANameYouTrust, gsteph22, Altgtr33, highhorse, DFB, and rockitsauce

all mahogany strat w/ quilted maple cap: http://acapella.harmony-central.com/....php?t=2079859
                      looking to trade DOD vibothang and monster cable for metal muff or bad monkey
                      custom guitars myspace:
                      http://www.myspace.com/afcustomguitars

Comment

No pickguard. Looks terrific as is.

EMG T, S and SA sets are awesome. I have an SA set in one of Strats. Can't say I even remotely like their buckers though.
                        My various guitar build • repair • maintenance threads

My Custom Guitar page

Some of my motion graphics ****************

My metal band, Sulaco
                        Download Sulaco, "Build and Burn" for free or pay in any format you want

My instrumental Prog band, BML

1981 Marshall 2203
                        Marshall DSL50

Comment

Working...
                        X