Edwards LP-98 LTC Les-Paul NGD!!

GarysBlues

• Members

Here's the one I been waiting on. Very good work on these and as good as if not better than Gibbys.

jspn_100_2299-2-1.jpg

jspn_100_2300-1-1.jpg

jspn_100_2301-1-1.jpg

jspn_jseb_100_2293-1.jpg

jspn_100_2309-1.jpg

jspn_100_2307-1.jpg

jspn_100_2304-1.jpg

jspn_100_2303-1.jpg

The action and QC on these UNREAL. The action was so-low without a buzz it was just unreal. I thought my RG-MIJ Prestige had great action. Wow these are something, the fret work is also very very good. This is the area ahere I believev they excell over Gibson. MInd you now I have three Gibson LP's, Standard, Studio and a VM.

Edwards also come with a Long Neck joint which is actually like the CS or Orig. 50's Gibbys. While Tokai LOng Neck Tenon reach s about 3/4 of the way into the front pup cavity. The Edwards neck go's completely to back of the pup cavity.

Basically I set the entire guitar up since the action was too low, thus the pick-ups too high, Thus the bridge and Stop-Tail had to be re-adjusted.

This Edwards is used though still like new. Not a mark on the frets which I polished. The electronics have been swapped out for Gibby Orange drops with better pots. The pups are already Duncan 59/JB 4-lead Zebras.

I did a bunch of reading about thew Nitro on the Edwards. Everyone claims they are Nitro. this is part true. The carved Maple Top is done in Nitro the rest of the guitar is done in Poly. Its not a poly sealer with a Nitro finish like i believed orig. and many others still believe.

The 59/JB behave excellent with this wood combination. I knew this already from my Hamer Mirage IIs. The Mahogany back and neck take the edge and a bit of the brightness off the 59/JB.

The Neck is bigger than a 60 profile Gibson but its not a 59 profile which many claim. Its said Edwards used a 60 and a 58 Gibson and came up with a in-between profile. I believev this is wrong. I play all 59 profiles on my Gibbys. I believev Edwars used a 60 and a 59 profile and came up with a shaope inbetween THOSE! Approx. a Medium size neck with a nice C-Shape. Not sure about the radius but it doesn't feel like a 12-14. More like a 9.5 IMO. Still very fast with crazy low action if you desire. But doesn't appear to be as flat as my Gibsons.

From lightly tapping on the guitar I can't hear any holes for weight relief. I weighed the LP on a Trple Beam stand up scale and its about 9.2.

The hardware is all Gotoh, Tuning Machines I would say 18:1 work well Bone Nut I re-shaped it since it was catching a bit. The Bridge is a Gotoh copy of Gibsons SBR-1 and the Stop-tail again a Gotoh fairly heavy piece. I'll change that soon. Guitar now stays n excellent Tune. Came with a ESP Gig Bag made of PLEATHER? I'l be searching for a HSC for it.

What else? Can't really speak on Tone I haven't played it enough. But I am familiar with the specs and feel. I see no problem with Tone and I already feel this LP with sustain better than Gibsons lower end LPs. I'm alreadyhearing that through my amp.

All in all a GREAT Les-Paul and though not dirt cheap a very good alternative to the Gibson. All the same vibe, mojo for a lot less dollars. I've heard so-much about these I had to try one. Glad I did!

• Members

Congrats!

As you mentioned the neck fall between a 59 and 60.

Probably due to being built in metrics instead of inches.

But, most here felt they we closer to a 59 profile instead of a 60.

Though there have been some exceptions to the rule.

• Members

Congrats!

As you mentioned the neck fall between a 59 and 60.

Probably due to being built in metrics instead of inches.

But, most here felt they we closer to a 59 profile instead of a 60.

Though there have been some exceptions to the rule.

Oh I don't disagree with that. My POINT is, the Edwards sight claims their neck was exstensively researched using a 58 and a 60 as a guideline to come up with their profile.

I believe this is a mistake. I believev they [Edwards] used a 60 and a 59 profile. And from theri developed there neck. The neck definatly is not thin my any means. I would say its closer to a 59 than a 60. thats a fair statement. But yes, I've heard their weight and necks vary a LITTLE. Not much though.

None the less a GREAt Neck. You could FLY on it.

I can't get over how long it took memto purchase one of these. And how long I stuck to Gibson LPs which are not by any means bad. I love them.

These Edwards are KILLER though. You reaaly are going with a Name instead of quality should you choose a Gibson over a Edwards.

Though I do like the newer Standards out by Gibson.........about time

Thanks Guys!

• Members

I'f you catch a good score used you could pick them up for around $700. But then you have to deal with S+H from Japan? Try to catch one in the States for that price or a little more, like $750-$800. Depends, you amy se 1 or 2 on E-Bay in the 7s. But again Japan?

• Members

used a 60 and a 59 profile. And from theri developed there neck. The neck definatly is not thin my any means. I would say its closer to a 59 than a 60. thats a fair statement. But yes, I've heard their weight and necks vary a LITTLE. Not much though.

None the less a GREAt Neck. You could FLY on it.

I can't get over how long it took memto purchase one of these. And how long I stuck to Gibson LPs which are not by any means bad. I love them.

These Edwards are KILLER though. You reaaly are going with a Name instead of quality should you choose a Gibson over a Edwards.

Though I do like the newer Standards out by Gibson.........about time

Thanks Guys!

Oh, yeah!

Still loving my E-LPC Sykes.

I like the new Gibby Standards too.

Some neat innovations on there.

The new tenon is very interesting.

As is the circuit board.

• Members

Congrats - I have two Edwards a LTC in White and a P90 gold top, simply great. But, I wish for a couple of things they don't offer - 1) A better flame top, don't like the veneer concept / look, a real one would make me buy another in a heartbeat 2) related to 1, a real plain top, would also buy one of these.

Archived