Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guys who change guitars after every song

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I take three to shows. Main, backup for main, and one for alt tuning.

My set-up exactly ... fortunately, I haven't a stringbreak on stage since we started the band ... for some reason, it's only ever happened at rehearsal.
    http://charlesshaarmurray.com/

Originally Posted by Spike

He's got his crust all stiff and upper with that nancy-boy accent. You Englishmen are all so ... bloody hell ... sodding, blimey, shagging, knickers, bollocks ... oh no, I'm ENGLISH!

Originally Posted by Lucio

everyone has different gear and stuff like this tends to be quite subjective.

Originally Posted by Captain Jack Sparrow

Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness.

Honorary Granddaughter: FerdinandStrat

Comment

Is it a photo of Paul McCartney on that first guitar from the left?

Yes it is a Hamer with a paint job that is a tribute to the Beatles.
      Good deals with Uberthall.

Excellence is achieved by the mastering of fundamentals. - Vince Lombardi

Comment

I'm sure the artist on stage doesn't give a toss what you think. Let me guess.. you play Metal? How much of your post is posturing?

How is metal more posturing than any other style? It's more honest in my opinion. If you want to bang your head and show off, I find that less posturing than a guy who is constantly being handed

Comment

I gig with a minimum of three guitars -- a Tele, a Strat, and a Wolfgang. Some songs just require different sounds. I've even played gigs with another Tele on top of that just because I have a particular Tele that gets sounds that my other Teles don't get.
          Mazi Bee Militia!
          JJ Pistols Kickfụck Brigade
          PpP
          My gear list is in serious need of an update...

Comment

Depends.

I can see the need for a few.

In a Blues setup, if you use Standard tuning, open G, and open E, thats 3...throw in backups and you are up to 6.

Even in the situation I am in playing Metal in one band, I can see the need for 2 6 strings, and 2 7 strings, and thats assuming you drop the E to D for the drop D stuff on one of the 6 strings.

If I dont want to fiddle with tuning at all, I'm up to 6 again.

I am a big believer in having backups for as much as possible...

Punk as f**k since 1976

Endorser and player of "Vintage" guitars:

http://www.jhs.co.uk/vintageelectric.html

Originally Posted by Ratae Coritanorum

Marc man, I think you possibly rock TOO MUCH

The Plague on Myspace:
            http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndid=247093832

Westway on myspace:http://www.myspace.com/westwaytotheclash

My Soundclick page:http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=484650

Comment

How is metal more posturing than any other style? It's more honest in my opinion. If you want to bang your head and show off, I find that less posturing than a guy who is constantly being handed

Comment

The majority of the time it's for different tunings. I'm surprised it took this long to be posted.

Yup. Plus some guys switch off rather than tune between songs.
                It figures you wouldn't get it. "A Season in Hell" was a head of it's time. -Jimmy James

Good deals with: Adam Poland

Comment

Sorry I hurt your feelings kid.

Nice, intelligent response. Couldn't you think of a clever reply?

Comment

Star ****************ers love their dilitantes. "Oh Dear, I saw a drop of sweat fall onto Yingwies guitar, wish I could lick it up." Those ass holes have egos that are in outer space. The multiple guitar changes have come about only in the last few years. That **************** never used to happen. Changing guitars is like R Plant putting a ****************ing cucumber in his pants so all the little girls would think he has a humongous cock. "Stagecraft." Elmore James and Slim Harpo in blues and rock and rollers used the same ****************ing guitar during a whole set. I know, I was there. As I have said in here before, a real guitarist can make a 50 ****************in' dollar guitar sound like a state of the art high dollar guitar. Can retune in a heartbeat right there on stage in front of everyone. There is a differnce between generations I see. Much more flash and ego now, ****************ing show offs! Yingwie or whatever his first name is should change his name to BOB! Or BILL. Saw Eric Johnson in Austin and he was satisfied with one guitar, but I suppose some of you in here would think that is archaic. "Just a thought."

Comment

Star ****************ers love their dilitantes. "Oh Dear, I saw a drop of sweat fall onto Yingwies guitar, wish I could lick it up." Those ass holes have egos that are in outer space. The multiple guitar changes have come about only in the last few years. That **************** never used to happen. Changing guitars is like R Plant putting a ****************ing cucumber in his pants so all the little girls would think he has a humongous cock. "Stagecraft." Elmore James and Slim Harpo in blues and rock and rollers used the same ****************ing guitar during a whole set. I know, I was there. As I have said in here before, a real guitarist can make a 50 ****************in' dollar guitar sound like a state of the art high dollar guitar. Can retune in a heartbeat right there on stage in front of everyone. There is a differnce between generations I see. Much more flash and ego now, ****************ing show offs! Yingwie or whatever his first name is should change his name to BOB! Or BILL. Saw Eric Johnson in Austin and he was satisfied with one guitar, but I suppose some of you in here would think that is archaic. "Just a thought."

Why does it bother you so much?
                      Take a breath. Relax. Life's too short.
                      My Guitars

PRS Singlecut
                      PRS CE24 w/ piezo
                      Floyd LP
                      Fender Stratocaster
                      Lucero classical
                      Yamaha FG312 12 string

Comment

Some people can get really outraged on forums haha oke:
                        Pronounced: (zahn . tore)

My Happy Family consisting of:
                        Carvin DC 127
                        Dean Vendetta 2.0
                        Dean VNXM 7 String
                        BSX "The Beast"
                        BSX GFS Custom V

Originally Posted by Reignman

Don't get me started.......

Axl Rose?.....I've taken wet ****************s more musical than him.

Comment

This is a riot! Thanks!!!!!!!!!
                          Originally posted by rog951She's still the only girl I've met who, after swallowing, would let out a satisfying "ahhhhhhhh" like she'd just finished off a beer on a hot summer day!~Rich

Comment

Im actually glad Sonic Youth tours with like 60 guitars. Becuase of the tunings it would be impossible for them to tour otherwise. Its also fun to see what the **************** they are all using from song to song as all 3 of em switch up constantly.

Comment

It's funny how people often complain that someone has alot of guitars and nevers plays them except in their bedroom and then we have the opposite discussion here. A good carpenter could probably build a house with just a hammer and a saw but with all the other tools available the job is done much better. If you have the access to the perfect tools for each job there is no shame in using them.
                              Fender Jaguar - Fernandes Ravelle - Gretsch Electromatic Jet Baritone
                              Korg Pitchblack - EHX LPB-1 - EHX Russian Big Muff - EHX Stereo Pulsar - Digitech Synth-Wah - EHX Stereo Memory Man w/Hazarai
                              Orange Tiny Terror - Marshall 1936 2x12" - Marshall 1x10" cab - Vox Pathfinder 15R

Comment

It's funny how people often complain that someone has alot of guitars and nevers plays them except in their bedroom and then we have the opposite discussion here. A good carpenter could probably build a house with just a hammer and a saw but with all the other tools available the job is done much better. If you have the access to the perfect tools for each job there is no shame in using them.

Building a house is one thing; slinging guitar in a rock band at a crowded club full of drunk people is another. Poor analogy.

I don't really care how many guitars a person whips out on stage. To a gearhead geek like me, I dig seeing, say, Tom etty and Mike Campbell move through a fleet of cool vintage instruments during a show.

But non-gearhead geeks (the vast percentage of the audience) don't care and won't be able to tell the difference.

For people who are playing small clubs in local hero bands, even less of a **************** is given. At that level, if you need a dozen different "tools" to play a 45-90 minute show, then it's the "builder" and not the "tools" that have a deficit of utility.

Again, though, I can see if a guitarist is playing in different tunings, etc.

But for the most part, meh.
                                I don't want to sell my music. I'd like to give it away because where I got it, you didn't have to pay for it.
                                -Captain Beefheart (Don Van Vliet)

Comment

• Working...
                                  X