Mick Mars is the man!

kadrocker

• Members

Any Crue fans? Hell- Any Mick fans?

i'm a huge fan of Mick Mars' style! I love it! He's a big influence on my playing, especially his playing on the first two Crue albums.

His tone is AWESOME! I'd love to get my hands on a JCM800 one day.

Mick deserves a signature guitar, IMO. Thing is- he doesn't play the same guitar all the time, so it'd be hard to pick one for him! haha.

Let's hear it for Mick Mars!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wonder how he got that rude tone for "Looks That Kill".

I swear the tone is slightly different on that song than it is on the rest of the album.

When I try to get close to it, I can't get it to sound "fizzy" enough.

• Members

Yeah... circa 1984-1986, I used to think of Mick, James Hetfield and Rudolph Schenker as three of the greatest rhythm guitarists in rock/metal. Very riffy and, while they don't sounds much like Iommi, I certainly thought of them as carrying on the riff/rhythm-oriented tradition as well as anyone else.

• Members

whether it's their bag or not, no one can deny how influential the Crue was on music & pop culture - they kinda lost their way with the dope and stuff, but then again, they all do(listen up kids!). When I was in school, "Shout At The Devil" was THE SHIT. :rawk:

that new song from Nikki Sixx's side group Sixx AM "Life is Beautiful" is fucking FANTASTIC. (I know Mick didn't play on it, but I'm just saying...)

Archived