Have you seen the new Xaviere semi-hollow body ?

gardo

• Members

Nice looking guitar. I have been looking at the XV500 and the XV550 too. I keep hoping someone will post a review that will either make me pull the trigger or look for something else. You know how it is when new guitar fever hits. I hope your new guitar exceeds your expectations.
Happy New Guitar Day!!!

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by PeaveyPlayer View Post
Nice looking guitar. I have been looking at the XV500 and the XV550 too. I keep hoping someone will post a review that will either make me pull the trigger or look for something else. You know how it is when new guitar fever hits. I hope your new guitar exceeds your expectations.
Happy New Guitar Day!!!
I own a XV500, 510, and 550. All are excellent guitars and would recommend any of them. But expect that you will need to have the frets dressed when you get them and may need a new nut. Also, if the pickups aren't to your liking, you may need to change them. I'm a bit obsessive about pickups.

• Members

I never knew what to think of the XV-550. Is it more like a Les Paul type or a semi-hollow ? Or maybe somewhere in between. I would like to try one just to find out .Is it anything like an Epiphone Wildkat. I've never even seen one except on youtube.
I love the sound of the Xv-900 .The pick ups are just what I want. I changed strings and gave it a set up and can't stop playing it. My wife thinks I like it more than I like her,but isn't that the way it goes?

• Members

The XV-550 is Les Paul sized. It is slightly thicker than a LP. It's more hollow than it is solid. There is a block that extends from the back of the guitar up to where the bridge is mounted. Outside of that, it's hollow. It's very comfortable to play. I really like it.

Archived