Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best book/dvd guitar course

I have been teaching myself guitar for a while now. I can feel myself improving each time I pick up and play. Don't get me wrong I am not looking for the magic touch to become good fast. Just I think I would greatly benefit from a more structured and mainly more complete learning system. Rather than randomly finding things that look like they would be most usefull to learn. Makes me think I spend too much time doing one thing and not enough or any at all on other things I should be learning.

Mainly want something physical like book or better dvd. Got a bit of addhd and its to easy to skip around trying more interesting things on a online course. So with a book or ordered dvd set it would be much easier to keep myself on track.

Im not a complete noob so I don't need a very beginners course. Also prefer not an online only course as I am not at a computer much. That and like I said above I think I would really benefit from a structured learning system so I don't end up skipping important things I need to improve.

My main two I am looking at are

Gibson learn and master guitar

Justinguitar beginner lesson and song book

Also reading on the gibson there seems to be two versions. One with 10 dvds and another with 20. The other ten "bonus workshop" dvds can be ordered seperatly. I just can't find out what they are for. Is it like session 1-10 and session 11-20?

Here is one I thought also might be good. Quick simple things to practice a little each day. Lots of good reviews and cheap enough not to care if I don't like it.

http://www.amazon.com/Guitar-Aerobic...ef=pd_cp_mov_1

Comment

Also reading on the gibson there seems to be two versions. One with 10 dvds and another with 20. The other ten "bonus workshop" dvds can be ordered seperatly. I just can't find out what they are for. Is it like session 1-10 and session 11-20?

Here is one I thought also might be good. Quick simple things to practice a little each day. Lots of good reviews and cheap enough not to care if I don't like it.

http://www.amazon.com/Guitar-Aerobic...ef=pd_cp_mov_1

Comment

No answer but here's a bump for ya

Comment

No answer but here's a bump for ya

Comment

I really like Lick Library DVDs.

Comment

I really like Lick Library DVDs.

Comment

The Gibson course (previously legacy learning) is a very comprehensive cours. The bonus material is supplemental material for every lesson and basically jus gives you more music to play at every stage of development. It's worth it IMO.

Comment

The Gibson course (previously legacy learning) is a very comprehensive cours. The bonus material is supplemental material for every lesson and basically jus gives you more music to play at every stage of development. It's worth it IMO.

Comment

youtube - everything you could ever want for free

Comment

Comment

GuitarPro

You can get tabs for thousands of songs in the rock and metal genre. Also tons of exercises. Pick your favorite artist and learn their stuff.

Theory you can get on the internet.
                        Peace on Earth and Goodwill to All Men" -- Luke 2:14

Comment

GuitarPro

You can get tabs for thousands of songs in the rock and metal genre. Also tons of exercises. Pick your favorite artist and learn their stuff.

Theory you can get on the internet.
                          Peace on Earth and Goodwill to All Men" -- Luke 2:14

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by LynchProtoge
                            View Post

True, but there is something to be said for a structured comprehensive course professionally produced with quality audio and video. To me that's worth laying out a little money.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by LynchProtoge
                              View Post

True, but there is something to be said for a structured comprehensive course professionally produced with quality audio and video. To me that's worth laying out a little money.

Comment

Working...
                              X