Best book/dvd guitar course

Drastion

• Members

I tried YouTube but its all pretty random. Not saying there is not good stuff out there. Just if you don't know what to look for you wont find it. That's why I wanted a system to make sure I don't skip anything that might be important.

kit_strong

That's pretty much what I have been doing. I don't know any songs yet. Not really worried about it either. I know some rifts from my favorite songs and that's good enough for now. Mainly just focusing on getting more articulate on the fret board so I can get faster with less fumbling.

I do 100% agree on a one on one teacher. But I work lousy hours and in a bitty town where I can't even find one. I wish I could it would have saved me from fixing a lot of bad habits I developed on my own that a good teacher would have picked up on right away.

I ordered a few music theory books and that guitar aerobics book last night as a start. Since that's how I have been teaching myself so far. Starting with easier riffs and going to more complex and faster ones. Glad to keep hearing people talk about years of learning. Not frustrated just without a jam buddie or something I am not really sure how much better I should be getting or how fast.

• Members

I tried YouTube but its all pretty random. Not saying there is not good stuff out there. Just if you don't know what to look for you wont find it. That's why I wanted a system to make sure I don't skip anything that might be important.

kit_strong

That's pretty much what I have been doing. I don't know any songs yet. Not really worried about it either. I know some rifts from my favorite songs and that's good enough for now. Mainly just focusing on getting more articulate on the fret board so I can get faster with less fumbling.

I do 100% agree on a one on one teacher. But I work lousy hours and in a bitty town where I can't even find one. I wish I could it would have saved me from fixing a lot of bad habits I developed on my own that a good teacher would have picked up on right away.

I ordered a few music theory books and that guitar aerobics book last night as a start. Since that's how I have been teaching myself so far. Starting with easier riffs and going to more complex and faster ones. Glad to keep hearing people talk about years of learning. Not frustrated just without a jam buddie or something I am not really sure how much better I should be getting or how fast.

Archived