Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Announcement

Harmony Central has “soft launched” our new mobile experience this past week. While we have done extensive testing, we know that with a community as large as HC that there will be items that surface that will still need to be addressed. We are asking that you utilize the thread belowto report any challenges you may encounter. Here are the things we request you provide: A brief description of the issue, the device and operating system version you were using, the browser and version, screen resolution, and a screen shot of the display.
Thanks for your patience as we work towards the best experience we can provide to our community.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...ablet-feedback
See more
See less

Come on folks ... change is good! Isn't it?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Come on folks ... change is good! Isn't it?

Who cares how the site looks - it's the information within that matters to me. As long as this forum works better than the old one does I am happy.
    The old site looked like she-ite! This looks much nicer. Before long we will all be used to it. Everyone panics at first, then it all settles in and you find all your stuff. 

If you are a giiging guitarist and you've played all the sh*thole dives like I have, then an environment like this all of a sudden feels quite nice doesn't it!

Trying to send some positive vibes out! I'd hate to see some people leave over this (which is likely inevitable) 

Blog: sixstringobsession
    Subscribe to my YouTube channel

It works, but it's ugly as **bleep**, and I find it much harder to read.

Comment

• Saturn
      Saturn commented
      Editing a comment
      Well the problem is there are functionality issues. The site is not completely functional on iPad or other mobile devices. I can live with the looks if it functions on all of my devices.

Really, they bleeped a non-swear word? Seriously guys? I said cr@p for crying out loud...

Comment

I for one don't have any issues with the new forum.  The front page is a bit busy but I never go to the front page so it's no biggie to me.

The limited use of screen real-estate is a bit silly but since I rarely browse in full-screen mode that's not a big deal to me either.  

For those complaining about the font size, go into My Settings  and change the font size  to large or extra-large, problem solved.

I do think it's a big improvement on the iPad.  It uses the whole screen and is clean and crisp in appearance.

Comment

Time will tell. Not super intuitive for me as of now.

oh, and I lost a couple thousand posts from post-count. Whatever.

<div class="signaturecontainer">LIVESTRONG<br><br><br>< br><a target="_blank" href="http://www.bandmix.com/kevman/">www.bandmix.com/kevman/</a></div><br><br>Hey what happened? I had 5000+ posts here.

Comment

• benricci
          benricci commented
          Editing a comment
          Ah, OK - here was my problem. For some reason, even though I'm on a desktop machine, the forum defaulted to "mobile view," which is why it looked completely ridiculous on my iMac.

When I scrolled to the bottom of the main page, I noticed the option for "full version," and viola!

Seems dumb that it auto-defaults to mobile mode, though...

**bleep** **bleep**
        We're not in Kansas anymore.

Comment

The mobile site is good.
          <div class="signaturecontainer"><b><b><font size="1"><font size="2"><font face="Tahoma"><b><font color="Magenta"><i><br><br>Guitars: <a href="http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f137/SexyHeather2006/Guitars/HPIM1860.jpg" target="_blank">Ampeg Dan Armstrongs</a>, Fender Telecasters, Stratocasters, Epiphone Les Paul, G-400, EG-1275, Dots, Gibson SG, Squier Stratocasters, Telecasters, OLP MM1s, etc.<br><br><br><br>Amps: Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 50/1960A, Ampeg VL-502/VLA, Music Man HD150 212, etc.<br><br><br><br>Effects: Vox ToneLab SE, etc.<br><br><br><br>Influences: Keith Richards, Mick Taylor, Ronnie Wood, Paul Kantner, Eric Clapton, Rich Robinson, Jimmy Page, Pete Townshend, The Edge, etc.<br><br><br><br></i></font></b></font></font></font></b></b><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br></div>

Comment

Working...
          X