Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reverend Sensei

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BTW, you're 1.5 years late... But great find!
    Ibanez V300 Acoustic
    Agile AL2000 HSBF
    Dean Hardtail Blue Flame
    Kit Built LP
    Jay Turser JT-220 Goldtop
    Jet City JCA20h/12 Half Stack

Proud Member of the Jet Setters (Jet City Lounge)

Comment

Offspring of Roundhouse and Daredevil . . . meh.

I have had two MIK Reverends (Daredevil P90 and Flatroc) and while I have nothing bad to say about them, there was nothing magical about them either. My Slingshot Jr. though has been in the "never sell" pile from the day I got it.

I've got a black Daredevil P90 that's my #1. A single bridge p90 never cut it for me (sold a nice sg jr to fund the rev). Easiest guitar I've owned to make sound good. Different strokes.

Comment

i know that Reverends are GREAT guitars, but F*&^K they're ugly...
        GUITARS:
        Fender MIM Standard Strat
        Hand Made SG Replica
        Epiphone DOT Studio
        Westbury Standard
        Cort X-5
        New Dawn Signature Prototype
        Frankentele "The Buddy Caster"
        Home Made LP copy "The Swamp Ass"
        AMPS:
        Crate VC3112
        Fender Mustang II

Proud Rose Pickups and Rose Petal Effects user

My Good Deals

Comment

Seriously? I assume you saw the OP...I would rock that Honeyburst something fierce

Comment

Seriously? I assume you saw the OP...I would rock that Honeyburst something fierce

to each their own my friend... i find most of the Reverends visually repulsive... doesn't mean that i wouldn't love to have one
            GUITARS:
            Hand Made SG Replica
            Epiphone DOT Studio
            Westbury Standard
            Cort X-5
            AMPS:
            Crate VC3112
            Fender Mustang II

My Good Deals

Comment

Kinda reminds me of a solid body starcaster, to tell the truth...

Comment

Says the guy with the Sheena, lolz.

Comment

Actually I have one of those, also - and while it's no '59 burst, I still kinda dig the looks and definitely the way it sounds.

Comment

the FA Sheena is purdy IMHO
                    GUITARS:
                    Hand Made SG Replica
                    Epiphone DOT Studio
                    Westbury Standard
                    Cort X-5
                    AMPS:
                    Crate VC3112
                    Fender Mustang II

My Good Deals

Comment

Like most, the Rev's look better in person or being played I think. Flatrock = win. Had a discontinued LP shape one that looked great, and a V shape that looked great for a V. But Some of them are less pleasing than those...

Comment

I've received my Sensei HB-FM a week or so ago and had some time to get to know her. First let me say, I personally found her quite attractive, otherwise I wouldn't have asked her to the dance. But looks are both skin deep, in the eye of the beholder and subjective.

The guitar plays well and is made to fairly tight specs. The sound is great and it plays very well. The weight is light and the body resonates nicely. The pickups sound super fat and very clean. I really like the bass shaping tone knob which allows useable sounds out of the both the neck and bridge pickups. They do need to reverse wire one of them from the other so that the same setting is good for both - currently the low end roll off on the neck pickup makes the bridge pickup sound a bit too anemic.

There are three do-betters that I can see... First is the wood has a small knot/blemish that I'm sure Paul Smith would have rejected, second is that the selector switch creates a nasty vibration into the pickups that could be avoided with some foam shock washers, and third is they put the "Made in Korea" sticker at on the back of the neck at the third fret - even when peeled off, the sticky stuff that was left behind was a buzz kill until cleaned.

All in all a solid purchase for the $850 that I spent. Much better than a PRS SE which has a ultra thin un-playable neck (for a guy with big hand like me) and a turn know selector for the pickups.
                        Signal Chain My Fingers - Gauge Strings; Reverend Sensei; Ibanez TS9; Keeley 2-Knob Compressor; Eventide Space Reverb - Pigtronix Infinity Looper; Fender Super Reverb (without reverb)

Comment

I own the Sensei R/T and It's my favorite guitar. I stumbled across it online while searching for an Epiphone ET 290. Joe Naylor had done an interview talking about his ET 290 that he took apart when he was a kid. I figured what the hell.....went on ebay and found that Ken Haas from Reverend was selling a demo Sensei they had fitted with a Stetsbar tremelo, with full warranty. So it's actually a prototype...one of a kind. Nice. I bought it sight unseen, and love it to death. It's got a tendency to put out a lot of midrange being made from Korina, but it cuts through on leads like a hot knife through butter. Looks good, plays good, sounds good. Mine is silver sparkle and you wouldn't believe how many people have commented on how cool it looks on stage. It's a rock star guitar for sure. Here's Bobby Devito's demo using the actual guitar I bought. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZwvF-8AmxQ

Comment

• hunterparis
                            hunterparis commented
                            Editing a comment

I have the Sensei HB, one of several Reverends I own.  Killer axe.  Sounds like a good LP, plays like a SG (without the neck dive), very light, very versatile thanks to the bass contour.  Recommended if you're thinking of a LP or SG but want something different.  

Working...
                        X