X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bugera BC15 - Anyone tried one?

Just saw this mentioned in the small speaker amp thread.
    Anyone heard one of these yet? Only $100 and cute as a button!

http://www.bugera-amps.com/EN/products/BC15.aspx

Looks awesome. I'll definitely give it a try.
    Fender Jag-Stang * Epiphone Dot Studio * SX LP Special * Martin Stinger Partscaster * Fender Squier Affinity Telecaster * Washburn Maverick BT-3 * Guild GAD-50 * Seagull Entourage Mini-Jumbo
    --------
    Meteor 30w tube amp w/ tremolo * Vox Pathfinder 10 * Danelectro Honeytone * Vox Classic Rock Amplug
    --------

Originally Posted by bdhn

music is a very personal thing and tastes vary person to person....but like what you like or dislike what you dislike...as long as it speaks to you is all that matters

Comment

They call it a tube amp, but they only mention the 12AX7 preamp tube... maybe it has a SS power amp section? Anyone know for sure?
      My band "The Executives" website : TheExecutivesMusic.com

Comment

They call it a tube amp, but they only mention the 12AX7 preamp tube... maybe it has a SS power amp section? Anyone know for sure?

You are correct - I did some Google snooping and found that out; can't remember where...maybe I read the MF description and decided for myself?

Either way, could be worth checking out at $99 bux.
        This used to be a great place. Thanks, GCI, for killing it.See y'all at Wein's.

Comment

This guy noodles around on one for about 4 minutes,

Not sure what this little amps main competition is at the $100 mark. From the clips though, it sure sounds better then the fender frontman that runs about a $100 as well.

Comment

I'm pretty sure it has a solid-state power section.

I'm more interested in the v5.
            --
            Wagdog
            Check out Lunar Commander on:
            iTunes App Store
            Google Play

Lunar Commander Lite - FREE!:
            iTunes App Store
            Google Play

Free Fireworks Show for Android

"Albert King could blow Eddie Van Halen away with his amp on stand-by"
            - Joe Walsh

Good Transactions: Doctor Morbius(x2), Cadfael, bg-pups.com(x2), DCinDC, twotimingpete, dwerlin, DaleH, chqtarzan, sxyryan, lowbrow, albertus, vintage clubber

Comment

I already have a v5 and it's awesome! Thus my interest in the bc15.

Comment

I already have a v5 and it's awesome!

I know that feeling.

Comment

The question is:

If the BC-30 is a knockoff of the Matchless DC30,
                  is this supposed to sound like a Matchless 15 watt?
                  1 Jay Turser JTLT standard
                  1 Vox AD30VT
                  1 Alvarez Koa Acoustic
                  No job, 3 kids, a wife, and a mountain of debt.

Comment

I reminds me a lot of my Kustom Tube 12 which also has a single 12AX7. Even has the "Shift" switch.

Comment

Not sure what this little amps main competition is at the $100 mark. From the clips though, it sure sounds better then the fender frontman that runs about a $100 as well.

I'd take a Peavey Rage...an H&K Edition Blue...and from the clips I've heard...a Vox Pathfinder, over the tone in that video...
                      My Gear:
                      2008 Fender American Standard Telecaster
                      1998 Squire MIM Stratocaster
                      Takamine acoustic
                      Fender P-Bass

Comment

I reminds me a lot of my Kustom Tube 12 which also has a single 12AX7. Even has the "Shift" switch.

Probably made in the same factory.

I decided many years ago that since I was likely to spend most of my time with a small practice amp, I should save up and get a good one. I bought a Vox AC15TBX made in England. Eventually, I bought a bunch of other cool 15-20 watt amps because they work great with attenuators and I can gig with most of them. Some of them are one channel; others have two; but none of them are channel switching. They are old school, but they all sound wonderful and work great with pedals. For gigging, it's easy to take my Fender Tweed Deluxe and my Orange AD15/12. With an ABY switch, I have two of the best tones ever! Add in a couple of cool pedals and there's no end to the tones I can get.

Anyway, what I'm making a case for is this--yeah, go ahead and get the small Bugera for the time being, but save up for a really cool 15 to 20 watt Dr. Z, Top Hat, Matchless, Marshall, or other amp and get an attenuator for practicing. Even if you have to buy a big stack for gigging, you'll still have a cool smaller amp that will hold up in a jam session or smaller club.

Of all the small amps I own, this is my favorite. Marshall 1974x 18 watts.

Comment

I dunno...tone sounds pretty good to me...maybe I'll call my GC and see if they have any or not...
                          Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances;
                          for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

-1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Comment

Of all the small amps I own, this is my favorite. Marshall 1974x 18 watts.

I always love the clips you post of that one. I played one at a local store, and it really is an amazing amp.

Totally different from what the OP posted about, but a great amp.

I have the Kustom tube 12, and it's a fine practice amp, but that's all.
                            Good trades/transactions with: DARKMETL/, L6Sguy, Freeridstylee, ck3, Solcat, dolflundgren, tweedledee, _pete_, rawk out, GibsonQC, strangegrey, tomh777, Brendan, Mike Fiasco, Yavin

Comment

I'd take a Peavey Rage...an H&K Edition Blue...and from the clips I've heard...a Vox Pathfinder, over the tone in that video...

Steve,

with all due respect, I think you are biased... anything that has Behringer or Bugera will never sound good to your ears.... Frets demo of his Bugera V5 was pretty good, but for you, wasn't.... I have my suspicions that if he would have said that it was a Marshall without showing the amp, you would have like it.... oke:

Anyways... I like this little amp, and for the price, it cannot be beat... I wish it would have reverb at that price!

Omar
                              Originally Posted by VÃ****ctor

..Si te separas, espero que no, avÃ****same podÃ****amos vivir juntos, eso si, sin mariconeo...

Originally Posted by artiem

The truest indicator of one's character is how he acts when there are no consequences.

SPAM: FT/FS

Comment

Working...
                              X