Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should lack of fret inlays exclude an otherwise 'perfect' guitar?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should lack of fret inlays exclude an otherwise 'perfect' guitar?

Slightly OT because the guitar in question is a Faith acoustic. Everything about it is 'perfect' but it has no fret marker inlays. I have never played without them. Should I let it put me off?

Don't pick a fight with an old man,
    If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

'' Who, me Officer?''

Dot fret markers are very easy to put on a guitar's neck. Power drill, sharp proper sized bit and superglue are all you need.

<div class="signaturecontainer"></div>

Comment

• Jkater
      Jkater commented
      Editing a comment

Patuney wrote:

Dot fret markers are very easy to put on a guitar's neck. Power drill, sharp proper sized bit and superglue are all you need.

That's what I did with my bass. But I'm not sure I'd do this on an expensive guitar. It doesn't damage anything but still.

• knotty
      knotty commented
      Editing a comment

I am sure its not hard but am not comfortable spending

You get used to it.  I have a Schecter with no fret markers and in very short order you get used to relying on the dots on top rather than on the actual fretboard inlays.

Comment

• catalinagoose
      catalinagoose commented
      Editing a comment

I hate to admit it, but I'm pretty sure I would be lost without them :catmad:

Not a problem. Looks nice IMO
    <div class="signaturecontainer"><font face="Verdana"><font size="1"><font color="slategray">&quot;The blues is the recognition of a tragedy, and the optimism to deal with it&quot; (Fruteland Jackson)<br />
    <br />
    &quot;You may think you're playing your instrument, but what you're really playing is the audience&quot; (anonymous)</font></font></font></div>

Comment

• Malfunction
      Malfunction commented
      Editing a comment

I do not consider the lack of fretinlays a problem.

And i

I've had a few customers come to me with this problem. They are usually happy with the Tippex Solution, you can make the dot as small as you like

Tippex

Attached Files
    Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything. - Plato

Comment

Side dots ftw. If you need inlays though try the stick-on ones and report back. I am curious about whether they get in the way or not.
      <div class="signaturecontainer">LIVESTRONG<br><br><br>< br><a target="_blank" href="http://www.bandmix.com/kevman/">www.bandmix.com/kevman/</a></div><br><br>Hey what happened? I had 5000+ posts here.

Comment

• knotty
        knotty commented
        Editing a comment

Thanks for all the input gents.

I have pulled the trigger and ordered this. Can't wait.

Working...
    X