X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jimi Hendrix Miami Pop Festival

how come this video has escaped under the radar for so long ,this is just a clip ,will the whole concert come available on dvd,the audio is been released soon , the quality is very good  the audio was recorded by eddie kramer on proper gear ,i can`t believe the Hendrix estate ,when you think you have seen and heared  it all, they pull out some more and this is quality stuff.

Wow, he was so amazing!

Comment

• Bucksstudent
      Bucksstudent commented
      Editing a comment
      I wanna make that sound he did while he was humping the guitar.

catscurlyear wrote:

how come this video has escaped under the radar for so long

Comment

• catscurlyear
      catscurlyear commented
      Editing a comment

i think it`s down to ownership ,i still don`t think the  albert hall gig was ever sorted out who owns it, cause the copy in circulation looks like a bootleg .but this miami gig was hardly ever reported ,the only thing i ever heard of this gig  was to do with the Dweezil  Zappa strat, which jimi burned at this gig and gave it to frank who then passed it on to dweezil .i had never seen pics or anything of the gig ,i wonder how many more filmed gigs there are out there of Hendrix. they must be priceless.

I know a few people, my parents included, that went to this. They'll be excited to see this released
    <div class="signaturecontainer"><b>Guitars:</b> 3 Fender Strats, Fender Jazzmaster, Squier Bullet, 2 Gibson Les Pauls, Gibson ES-339, Gibson Les Paul Jr. Special, Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone Dot, Epiphone SG, PRS SE Custom 24, Ibanez AS73, Hamer Duotone, Larrivee D-03R, Takamine EG5013S, 1951 Epiphone Devon, Ibanez SR305 (bass)<br><br><br><br><b>Pedal Chain:</b> BBE Green Screamer -&gt; MXR Distortion III -&gt; Boss CE-5 -&gt; EH Stereo Pulsar -&gt; Boss DD-20 -&gt; BBE Boosta Grande<br><br><br><br><b>Amps:</b> Vox AC4, AC15, AC30, Pathfinder 10, DA5<br><br><br><br><a target="_blank" href="http://soundcloud.com/andrewalderman">SoundCloud</a></div>

Comment

• Morganbich
      Morganbich commented
      Editing a comment

Sounds great!

I know about the gig only because I live in the Miami area, and my parents and a few older friends went to see Hendrix there. They remember his gigs fondly
    <div class="signaturecontainer"><b>Guitars:</b> 3 Fender Strats, Fender Jazzmaster, Squier Bullet, 2 Gibson Les Pauls, Gibson ES-339, Gibson Les Paul Jr. Special, Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone Dot, Epiphone SG, PRS SE Custom 24, Ibanez AS73, Hamer Duotone, Larrivee D-03R, Takamine EG5013S, 1951 Epiphone Devon, Ibanez SR305 (bass)<br><br><br><br><b>Pedal Chain:</b> BBE Green Screamer -&gt; MXR Distortion III -&gt; Boss CE-5 -&gt; EH Stereo Pulsar -&gt; Boss DD-20 -&gt; BBE Boosta Grande<br><br><br><br><b>Amps:</b> Vox AC4, AC15, AC30, Pathfinder 10, DA5<br><br><br><br><a target="_blank" href="http://soundcloud.com/andrewalderman">SoundCloud</a></div>

Comment

• Tall
      Tall commented
      Editing a comment

Still ahead of his times

Working...
X