npd: keeley supermod workstation

• Members

so i picked up a keeley supermod workstation to make a 4 pedal tuner/fuzz/od nano board to simplify and force me to concentrate on making music instead of dicking with fx ...

i'm so disappointed... and i love it.

this thing is tiny, if you stomp one footswitch your as likely to stomp them all lol.

you can't run chorus or flanger into delay or reverb, keeley put them on the second channel and you can't swap channel order...

but if you could only flash the rom slots the supermod would be customizable and crazy more useful

worst part is my guitar playing still sounds like ME !

and the best part is maybe that'll force me to work on that

• Members

absolutely. i'm going make it a 5 pedal nano+ board with my neunaber wet to free up the supermod for dual modulation.

i need to hurry up and buy the board, it's hard not to want to add more pedals, lol

i'm conflicted. this was the orginal plan.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n32014029[/ATTACH]

ok, day two... forced myself to use just the supermod for everything but dirt.

the control parameters are pretty idiosyncratic, at least from my experience, and the font on the instruction sheet is as small as the pedal, but not having chorus/vibrato/& flanger on bank 1 isn't the show stopper i thought. it just means the bank 1 delays are modulated if want delay with, slapps forehead. i can use the nano after all.

great tones are in the box, though not necessarily at noon and a true musical genius might be able to use some of the wackier settings :)

i might have chosen the ability to adjust the size of the reverbs rather than the tone (maybe secondary editing ?), and labels instead of numbers would help with the learning curve.

it does have a limited number of algorithms, but you can easily adjust it's dual banks on the fly unlike most

menu systems.

the supermod is like having two better sounding marshall regenerators in one box, with tap tempo, delay, and

reverb. but doesnt have the adjustability and depth of the new boss md500 or higher end dedicated fx,

but if you just want to twist knobs and your tired of menus and worrying about the mtbf of chiclet keys much

less your fingers, the supermods limitations can be features.

so there's the 'sales pitch' / honeymoon review

ps. i had a panic attack and emailed keeley when the supermod started rebooting itself about 5 minutes after i first fired it up because i missed the fine print on power draw and tried to run it and a couple other pedals on a 200ma wall wart.

Archived