EHX Good Vibes - no expression pedal?

kr236rk

• Members

Hi,

I have the EHX Good Vibes unit and plugged an M-Audio EX-P expression pedal to it. Absolutely no effect at all :( I tested the pedal on a Llama delay unit and it worked as normal. So what is wrong with the EHX please - is this a dud pedal?

Anyone else have this trouble?

• Members

Seems like it should work given the instruction manual. Are you using a mono or stereo cable to connect?

EXP Jack – This ¼” EXPression jack accepts a TRS expression pedal connector or a Tip-Sleeve 0-5V control voltage input. Some suggested Expression Pedals include: EHX Expression Pedal, M-Audio® EX-P, Roland® EV-5 or Boss® FV-500L. The polarity of the expression pedal’s plug must connect the Sleeve to the heel position, Ring connected to the toe position, and the Tip connected to the wiper. The nominal expression pedal impedance is 10kΩ, but it can accept impedances ranging from 6kΩ – 100kΩ.

• Members

Thanks, the problem was lack of information. The EHX has parameters which are crucial for testing the pedal connection. The LED only accurately detects the speed setting - this can mislead - not the intensity; & the speed must be set higher than minimum to test the pedal. That's where it all went pear shaped. I wrongly assumed that setting the effect to '0' would allow the pedal to boost it all the way to maximum, but the opposite is true - you set maximum speed so that the pedal can wind it down to '0'. The pedal also has a trim pot on the side which can raise or lower the effect, but mine was okay at the time because I was already using it on a Llama delay unit as an expression pedal.

So there were a number factors preventing me from using the pedal properly with the EHX but it's sorted now :)

Thanks again.

• Members
Are you using a TRS (stereo) cable to connect the expression pedal? It won't work properly with a regular TS ("guitar") cable.

Thanks, I'm using a 1/4" mono jack between the pedal and the unit - I could also experiment with a stereo lead to see if there is any appreciable difference?

Archived