X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jrak

I just got a split LP with the Dead C and Konono ( who are psychadelic band from the Congo) I'd never heard them before but it is some awesome stuff

if you like that sort of music I'd recommend Sunburned Hand of the Man, Avarus, Kemialliset Ystavat and Comets on Fire ( though they are not as lo -fi),

I also noticed you have the Stands LP cover as your picture, I just listened to that album yesterday, they are pretty ****************ing good, one day I think they'll be big

as far as the dirt sounds I used a differnt set up on each songs but some of what I used was a Cornish G-2, Lovepedal COT 50, Red Witch Medusa, Lovepedal Black Magic and on Space Trip I used the Metasonix Agonizer

if you were wondering about a paticular sound I could probably tell you

I also used a Carr Mercury amp which I like to keep at 1/10th of a watt ( it has a built in attenuator) and overdrive the hell out of

Jesus! That's alot of kit to get m'head around!! I seldom listen to the Dead C, but they're spot on for certain times when I want something abstract and lofi. The new Comets in Fire LP has been on high rotation when the GF is out of the house.

My Avatar is purely coincidental - meaning I found it in a creative review magazine and scanned it for my desktop wallpaper..... I had no idea where it came from!

Excellent trading conducted with: LongJohnny. Palthegiraffe, Ck3(multiple times), Keramat8, GuyaGuy, Bassopotamus, iamthecure, Coach, 66_skylark and a few more I forget.

Comment

Originally posted by jrak

as far as the dirt sounds I used a differnt set up on each songs but some of what I used was a Cornish G-2, Lovepedal COT 50, Red Witch Medusa, Lovepedal Black Magic and on Space Trip I used the Metasonix Agonizer

if you were wondering about a paticular sound I could probably tell you

I also used a Carr Mercury amp which I like to keep at 1/10th of a watt ( it has a built in attenuator) and overdrive the hell out of

How did you get that setup to sound that horrible? You should win a prize or something.

Comment

Originally posted by guitarpkr76

How did you get that setup to sound that horrible? You should win a prize or something.

Originally Posted by lefort_1
        What really alarms me is: my daughter is now older than the age I think I am.

Wtb:
        Lovetone Big Cheese
        Lipo batteries for rc-car, preferably 2s

Comment

Originally posted by guitarpkr76

Seriously, how did this thread die with that post? Hysterical. Here's the thing....aaah, nevermind.
          My band. Check us out --->> the circle

Watch science pwn L6guy on 11/02/2009:
          http://acapella.harmony-central.com/....php?t=2141240

Comment

I don't know, this song sounds just like all your other songs... how about something new?

Comment

Originally posted by Uma Floresta
              I don't know, this song sounds just like all your other songs... how about something new?

heres the thing youve failed at rekugnizing jeanieus
              http://myspace.com/muddyboyjefferson

Comment

Originally posted by howlin magic

heres the thing youve failed at rekugnizing jeanieus

it's all troo i am the suxors at reckanizing genius!!1!!1!!1!!1!

Comment

this thread is legendary.
                  It is an honor to be able to post here
                  Strawberry fields...

Comment

Originally posted by fusionid
                    this thread is legendary.
                    It is an honor to be able to post here

take off your shoes......this is a holy thread

Comment

Blasphemy
                      This is the old testament of the Jrak episode...
                      Strawberry fields...

Comment

If this thread dies, it will rise again on the third day.

Comment

I read all of the aftermath but never actually saw where the reckoning began.

Just when I was thinking that we were losing our collective sense of humor...

JRAK to the rescue

cue spaced-out-trippy-garbage-can-spoon-suck version of the mighty mouse theme song
                          Could I get a little more talent in the monitors please?

’94 Ibanez JS-6000 or ’77 Ibanez LA2335>Boss TU-2>Thomas Organ wah>Barber Burn Unit EQ >Pigtronix EP-1>Catalinbread Semaphore>DOD dfx-91>Dr. Z Maz 38 sr. or '82 Fender Concert 'II'

Comment

Originally posted by Uma Floresta
                            If this thread dies, it will rise again on the third day.

Comment

Sheesh, that's some awful noise!
                              Spammerz R' Evil...!

Comment

Originally posted by fusionid
                                Blasphemy
                                This is the old testament of the Jrak episode...

I can't wait for the new version, ugh, errr on second thought maybe I can!

Gotta say that's the best miked trash-can drumming I've ever heard, almost a religious experience...
                                Spammerz R' Evil...!

Comment

Working...
                                X