Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

what are some wild fuzzes that aren't chokey and velcroish?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what are some wild fuzzes that aren't chokey and velcroish?

you know more of an open, screaming sound. i have a beebaa clone that gets pretty sick, but what else is recommended?

i need to sound like banshees and blizzards and shattering glass

Shin-Ei Companion

Superfuzz and variants - Boss FZ-2, Wilson Superfuzz, Behringer Super Fuzz (quite a great pedal)
    <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1">&quot;15 layers of oscillating delays and samples of hedgehogs having sex. There's your chorus.&quot; - hwaorang</font><br />
    <br />
    <font size="1">&quot;play in church.. Jesus will provide reverb&quot; - wiklund87</font><br />
    <br />
    <font size="1">&quot;Flaming Korg solos don't grow on trees.&quot; - big69</font></div>

Comment

fuzzrite!!

Comment

I got a FZ-2 for sale
        <div class="signaturecontainer"><b><a href="http://circadianfrequency.bandcamp.com/" target="_blank">http://circadianfrequency.bandcamp.com/</a><br />
        <a href="http://www.facebook.com/pages/Circadian-Frequency/471994049510517" target="_blank">http://www.facebook.com/pages/Circad...71994049510517</a></b></div>

Comment

thanks i'll look into those. how much, brokenfixed? (nin?)

Comment

de Lisle Fuzz. It is a silicon fuzz with a fantastic sound.
            <div class="signaturecontainer">- Chad<br><br><br><br><font size="1"><br><br>Endorsing Artist: Cave Passive Pedals<br><br></font></div>

Comment

oh oh oh - Zvex Octane III love mine. love it.
              <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1">&quot;15 layers of oscillating delays and samples of hedgehogs having sex. There's your chorus.&quot; - hwaorang</font><br />
              <br />
              <font size="1">&quot;play in church.. Jesus will provide reverb&quot; - wiklund87</font><br />
              <br />
              <font size="1">&quot;Flaming Korg solos don't grow on trees.&quot; - big69</font></div>

Comment

danelectro french toast
                <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1">This MH -2 does not face the person in search of a beautiful thing such as the new article.<br />
                A lamp goes on and off at the time of on and off.<br />
                It works perfectly as much as it is surprised to be an old model.<br />
                As for the thing 30 years ago, it can't think of it.<br />
                -stagecostumejpsantabo, ebay scribe</font><br />
                <br />
                <font size="1">good deals w/ Cadd99, jmgruber, onerailunder, bass_econo, hangwire, TweedBassman, letsgocoyote, bhmcc, pepperduck, Jumbo Fuzz</font></div>

Comment

Joyo Ultimate Octave / Voodoo Octave

youtube
                  soundclick

Deals: Tron Murphy, hangwire, renula, AimmarCair, Urinate Forever, ck3

Comment

danelectro french toast

these actually sound wicked, for $30 you can't go wrong...

Other choices,

mosrrite fuzzrite or clone (think I wanna be your dog - stooges)
                    Shine ei Companion FY-2's (or clone) are great
                    Ampeg scrambler (or clone)
                    big muffs are more smooth than velcro I'd say
                    Probably your best bet would be a colorsound tone bender variant. I'd get a clone (not a new JMI one)
                    For octaves, try a fulltone octafuzz

Comment

The T-Rex Tonebug Fuzz does that...and I'm selling one in the spam thread.

Comment

Shin-Ei Companion

Superfuzz and variants - Boss FZ-2, Wilson Superfuzz, Behringer Super Fuzz (quite a great pedal)

These, these, these!
                        <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="2"><font face="Comic Sans MS"><font color="DarkOrange"><i>&quot;That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.&quot; -- Me</i></font></font></font></div>

Comment

Shin-Ei Companion

Out of those, bang for the buck -whise, the FZ-2 would probably be your best bet impo. Other affordable superfuzz-type peds that are worth mensioning: BYOC Leeds, and the Malekko Omicron Fuzz.

Comment

Working...
                          X