Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pedal order

I'm not sure if I'm going crazy but I could swear I posted this and got great responses not very long ago. Now the entire thread seems to have vanished. Anyway, here's the question,

What order would you put these in?

tuner (sonic strobe)
    fuzz (fuzz war)
    OD (od9 +)
    Para EQ (empress)
    wah (wahzoo)
    noise gate (g string decimator)

Thanks.
    '76 Explorer, R7, '60 CS Strat
    JMP100 MV, Mesa DR, Roland JC60
    4 x 12 JCM900, 4x12 Recto

The best order, naturally.
    Smooth deals with: duncan, the_bleeding, MrSandMan, 6StrngStrangler, mmmmmchina, gproud, Onehourlater, driverhasabomb, bluehuricane, melx, TheErosion, gschmittling, BrianPhase90, roaring20's, ibentmywookieFender Custom Shop '52 TelecasterGibson 2013 SG StandardFender Deville III 4x10Oh Henry! chocolate barsPedals n' stuffhttp://bearflagbearflagbearflag.bandcamp.com

Comment

I'd go alphabetical.
      This sig space for rent

Good deals with: big Idiot, crowquill, DylanWilde, twanguero, big_cat, starmansam, christianatl, nd1377, gigant0r, cmog, SweetOblivion, GAS_KING, aussy, BHz_econo, light_years, WeStartToDrift, TheQuietWilds, seblo_15, loosegroove

Comment

I'm not sure if I'm going crazy but I could swear I posted this and got great responses not very long ago.

You did but it didn't
        http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?2947815-Pedal-order

youtube
        soundclick

Deals: Tron Murphy, hangwire, renula, AimmarCair, Urinate Forever, ck3

Comment

You did but it didn't
          http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?2947815-Pedal-order

Agreed. That was fat thumbs today I guess. I thought I posted the question a couple of weeks ago.

Got a rehearsal in an hour and looking for advice
          '76 Explorer, R7, '60 CS Strat
          JMP100 MV, Mesa DR, Roland JC60
          4 x 12 JCM900, 4x12 Recto

Comment

rehearsal
            Whores. Facebook bandcamp

Rig Guitars Board

Duane Denison, Steve Albini, Ron Ashton, Buzz Osborne, Rowland S. Howard, Steve Turner, Jon Spencer, Chris Spencer, Kurt Ballou and Josh Homme

Originally Posted by pasteface

I want to Make a sound like on doors where It Gose PPPPPPPRRROWWWWWNNNN like a Bridg falliing Apart and When it Ecchoes

Comment

check him for a beard
              huh

Originally Posted by misterstomach

I'm more concerned that people **************** their pants and cry when i play than i am that it sounds good.

Comment

I'll help you out : ) --- G String > (wah or fuzz, depending on what works better or the sound you like) > OD9 > EQ.. now, two questions, do you want the eq to shape the overall sound, or boost and shape before the distortion? if so, place the eq before your OD, or even fuzz if you want to shape that.. personally id keep the eq last I think.. And Are you using an effects loop? If not, theres not point in using the G string, sell it for the regular decimator if so..

Comment

tuner (sonic strobe)
                  wah (wahzoo)
                  fuzz (fuzz war)
                  OD (od9 +)
                  Para EQ (empress)
                  WARNING: TC Electronics Pedals Are NOT REPAIRABLE. Instead of fixing my switch they wanted to charge me $72 plus shipping on a $99 pedal to replace all electronics, when only the switch was defective. This is their blanket repair policy on ALL repairs. They have no replacement switches. The switch is on the board so substituting a different switch can't work. Do not buy pedals from companies that cannot repair their own switches.

Comment

why would you put the g string last?

Comment

nice pedals. use logic to form a hypothesis about how you would use the pedals and how they would affect one another and then test the hypothesis. start making adjustments from there. i'm not big on noise gates for guitar setups, but what do i know.

Comment

The best order, naturally.

Or this.
                        Phil O'Keefe wrote:You can never have enough cheese, son. Write that down.gear.

Comment

tuner (sonic strobe)
                          wah (wahzoo)
                          fuzz (fuzz war)
                          OD (od9 +)
                          Para EQ (empress)

buttgrabby99 is right. i'd do the same.

not sure how your noise gate works, if its one of those that has a loop built into it, then you might want it like first and put your OD and fuzz in it. what the hell do you need a noise gate for though? i'd just toss it tbh.

and OD before fuzz or Fuzz before OD is a preference. some fuzzes like to be first, but its personal preference if you will be boosting your fuzz's volume with your OD or if you want to heat up your signal with your OD before your fuzz and kick the fuzz harder. i personally prefer to have OD before fuzz
                          YᵒᵘOᶰˡʸLᶤᵛᵉ OᶰᶜᵉRobopimp wrote:Chat crüe is srs crüeFor Sale: Ibanez DML-10, Boss TW-1, Boss FZ-2/3Good deals with: Duderanimous, Overwhelmed987, Jules-RM, DoubleBarrel, HotRats, Fusion1, IRG, barney steele, Aaron SS, Urinate Forever, Raintes, crowquill, Blakemore Effects, Aimmar Cair, lefort_1, killthelights, 9720575 (CHUCK!)

Comment

Working...
                          X