Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

ot: i want an MPC1000

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse







X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ot: i want an MPC1000

    i used iMPC on my girlfriend's ipad all morning and really liked it. so talk to me about the big boy version. does anyone use one? how do you use it? do you love it above all things? do you have a link to something you made with it? is there a thread on page two already about this?



    always (but not forever),

    dav
    nonlocality.bandcamp.com

  • #2
    dav pls.



    never used one but it looks pretty dohp. whats your gf have it for on her ipad??
    YᵒᵘOᶰˡʸLᶤᵛᵉ Oᶰᶜᵉ<br><blockquote><hr>Robopimp wrote:<br>Chat crüe is srs crüe<hr></blockquote><br>For Sale: Ibanez DML-10, Boss TW-1, Boss FZ-2/3<br><br>Good deals with: Duderanimous, Overwhelmed987, Jules-RM, DoubleBarrel, HotRats, Fusion1, IRG, barney steele, Aaron SS, Urinate Forever, Raintes, crowquill, Blakemore Effects, Aimmar Cair, lefort_1, killthelights, 9720575 (CHUCK!)

    Comment


    • #3
      I've got one. I use it as my main MIDI sequencer. I sequence all of my synths, drum machines, and effects with it.

      It replaced my MPC 2k, so I've been using them a while. It's the best, easiest to use hardware sequencer/sampler I know of.



      I can't find anything up currently that I used my 1k on, but I have plenty of stuff online with my 2k.



      Here you go.

      TNF - Wide Open
      —-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hello, friend.

      Comment


      • #4






        Quote Originally Posted by macadood
        View Post

        dav pls.



        never used one but it looks pretty dohp. whats your gf have it for on her ipad??




        for my enjoyment, mostly! but she also wants me to show her how it works. she's interested in sampling.









        Quote Originally Posted by Texas Noise Factory
        View Post

        I've got one. I use it as my main MIDI sequencer. I sequence all of my synths, drum machines, and effects with it.

        It replaced my MPC 2k, so I've been using them a while. It's the best, easiest to use hardware sequencer/sampler I know of.



        I can't find anything up currently that I used my 1k on, but I have plenty of stuff online with my 2k.



        Here you go.

        TNF - Wide Open




        dig it! i figured you had one, and your opinion of it makes me want one even more. can't wait to hear the piece when i'm home. thanks!
        nonlocality.bandcamp.com

        Comment


        • #5






          Quote Originally Posted by PKTrono
          View Post

          for my enjoyment, mostly! but she also wants me to show her how it works. she's interested in sampling.







          dig it! i figured you had one, and your opinion of it makes me want one even more. can't wait to hear the piece when i'm home. thanks!




          No problem! I've found that the 1k is much easier to use for sampling since you can transfer files from a PC to it very easily after editing them on the PC. Its a bit more fiddly to edit onboard the 1k, but loads better than it was back when i was sequencing with my ASR-10. The sequencer is rock solid on the MPCs!
          —-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hello, friend.

          Comment


          • #6
            that's all good news! i'd be using it with my computer for all the sampling/editting so that works out perfectly.

            i must have one. any more thoughts on why i should rush out and buy one are welcome
            nonlocality.bandcamp.com

            Comment


            • #7
              The 1000's can be had pretty cheap, I had one for a while and really liked it so I say go for it! I preferred the 1000/2000XL over the NI Maschine by far, but I might give the iPad a shot.

              Comment


              • #8
                I was talked out of the MPC1000 and into the NI Maschine, no regrets
                <div class="signaturecontainer">great transactions with: pointblank73, duderanimous</div>

                Comment


                • #9
                  Dooooo it!
                  <div class="signaturecontainer"><font face="Trebuchet MS"><font size="1"><font color="#996633">Smooth deals with: <i>duncan, the_bleeding, MrSandMan, 6StrngStrangler, mmmmmchina, gproud, Onehourlater, driverhasabomb, bluehuricane, melx, TheErosion, gschmittling, BrianPhase90, roaring20's, ibentmywookie</i><br><br></font><font color="tan">Fender Custom Shop '52 Telecaster<br>Gibson 2013 SG Standard<br>Fender Deville III 4x10<br><b><i>Oh Henry!</i></b> chocolate bars<br>Pedals n' stuff</font></font></font><br><br><b><a href="http://bearflagbearflagbearflag.bandcamp.com" target="_blank">http://bearflagbearflagbearflag.bandcamp.com</a></b><br><br><br></div>

                  Comment


                  • #10






                    Quote Originally Posted by Reauchambeau
                    View Post

                    I was talked out of the MPC1000 and into the NI Maschine, no regrets




                    Having owned both (a 1000 and 2000XL and a Maschine and Maschine Mikro), I greatly preferred the MPCs. I think part of it (probably a big part), is that I grew accustomed to the MPC workflow early on, plus the standalone nature of the MPCs is a huge plus in my books. I've heard the JJOS is fantastic for the MPC, never had a chance to try it though.

                    Comment


                    • #11






                      Quote Originally Posted by Matt Gnarly
                      View Post

                      Having owned both (a 1000 and 2000XL and a Maschine and Maschine Mikro), I greatly preferred the MPCs. I think part of it (probably a big part), is that I grew accustomed to the MPC workflow early on, plus the standalone nature of the MPCs is a huge plus in my books. I've heard the JJOS is fantastic for the MPC, never had a chance to try it though.




                      I installed JJos as soon as I got my 1k. So, I don't really know the differences between the 1k, and JJos.



                      I can speak about the workflow of the MPC being excellent. I've made sooo many songs on MPCs.
                      —-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hello, friend.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        the 2000xl goes for a bit cheaper. anyone (TNF or matt?) have any insight here?
                        nonlocality.bandcamp.com

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I loved mine. There's a few less bells and whistles on the 2kXL compared to the 1k, but I really loved working with both of mine.



                          Using SCSI on my 2kXL was a pain in the ass, and the floppies are pretty much a joke at this point. The 1k wins here for ease of large file transfer.



                          I actually think the pads on the 2k series were better than the 1k. Just softer, and more precise. Plus, it hurts the fingers less after banging on it for hours on end.



                          My only gripe about my 2kXL is that the display on it crapped out after about 7 or so years. Get one with a new display if you can!
                          —-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hello, friend.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            unless i misunderstood, you need to use floppies with the xl? yikes. that pretty much rules it out for me. i see one here with a card reader but I was really liking the usb deal with the 1000.
                            nonlocality.bandcamp.com

                            Comment


                            • #15






                              Quote Originally Posted by PKTrono
                              View Post

                              unless i misunderstood, you need to use floppies with the xl? yikes. that pretty much rules it out for me. i see one here with a card reader but I was really liking the usb deal with the 1000.




                              Yeah, there were some conversions made on the 2kXLs since they made card readers that are the same size, and mounting style as the floppy drive was. As I understood it, it was a pretty easy swap to make. I've got no idea if the card readers are still easy to find though, and I'm not aware that Akai sold the 2kXL with a card reader, but I could be wrong.



                              The USB support was why I finally upgraded. That and the 250 GB drive that I put in my 1k. I'm pretty sure I will never fill that up.
                              —-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hello, friend.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X