Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Announcement

Harmony Central has “soft launched” our new mobile experience this past week. While we have done extensive testing, we know that with a community as large as HC that there will be items that surface that will still need to be addressed. We are asking that you utilize the thread belowto report any challenges you may encounter. Here are the things we request you provide: A brief description of the issue, the device and operating system version you were using, the browser and version, screen resolution, and a screen shot of the display.
Thanks for your patience as we work towards the best experience we can provide to our community.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...ablet-feedback
See more
See less

OT: Why can't people use the right Craigslist?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Why can't people use the right Craigslist?

I live in the southwest corner of my state. Lately there's been a rash of ads from other parts of the state, particularly the northeast(!) corner. It's not just an issue of someone spamming the other "local" CL sites; it's unique ads posted to the wrong site... a TON of them.

Is this going on anywhere else? Nothing more annoying than finding a great deal on an effects pedal, but then discovering that it's eight hours away.
    <div class="signaturecontainer">Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro, Epiphone Les Paul Standard <font color="blue">(for sale)</font>, Fender Stratocaster, Ibanez AF75 <font color="blue">(for sale)</font>, Alvarez Artist, Washburn Taurus, Fender Precision, Rogue Mandolin<br><br>Amps: Traynor YCV40WR, SWR LA12, Behringer BX3000T head/Steel Sound 2x12 bass cab<br><br>Pedals: Too many to list...<br><br><font color="red"><font size="1">Good deals: knives490, slufay, Jim Hunter, deadanddreaming, lank81, MickTaylorFan, jmecale72, billy budapest, melx, CRANK, Mdsmithii, juankyman</font></font></div>

tell them to deliver it. They placed the ad in a out of area region... they must be wanting to get rid of it so bad they must be willing to deliver

<div class="signaturecontainer">'95 Fender Tele Special/'85 Fender Performer/Danelectro 6|12 Doubleneck/Odyssey Fretless Bass/Emperador Barney Kessel Clone/Hardtail Partscater/Epiphone Firebird-&gt;-Zvex Mastotron-&gt;-Pigtronix Philosopher's Tone-&gt;-Catalinbread Naga Viper-&gt;-Catalinbread Teaser Stallion-&gt;-Catalinbread SFT-&gt;-Catalinbread RAH-&gt;-Crybaby 95Q-&gt;-Egnater Tweaker-[Line 6 M13 in Loop]</div>

Comment

• BarneyGumbel
      BarneyGumbel commented
      Editing a comment
      I've seen that a bit here too. Maybe people should flag those non-local posts for removal.

If stuff isn't selling, why not expand to other parts of the state. I'd drive across my state or into neighboring states for something I wanted. Then again, I live in Connecticut so we are small.
    <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1">Guitars:<br><br>G&amp;L Tribute ASAT Classic Bluesboy<br><br>Fender 50th Anniversary Strat, Classic 50s Telecaster, and others.<br><br><br><br>Pedals:<br><br>Pitchblack&g t;EP Booster&gt;Classic 108 Fuzz&gt; SD-1&gt;OCD&gt;Keeley Rat&gt;Hoof&gt;DLS MKiii&gt;Small Stone&gt;TR-2&gt;Flashback&gt;Spring Theory<br><br><br><br>Amp:<br><br>Peavey Delta Blues<br><br></font></div>

Comment

• goodhonk
      goodhonk commented
      Editing a comment

reverberlayed wrote:
      If stuff isn't selling, why not expand to other parts of the state. I'd drive across my state or into neighboring states for something I wanted. Then again, I live in Connecticut so we are small.

what's the guitar in your avatar, asat?

• dkerwood
      dkerwood commented
      Editing a comment
      I've driven eleven hours round trip for a killer drum set deal. We're talking a $2K+ kit for $800 though. I don't think I'd do the same for a pedal that's $80 instead of the $100 that it goes for here.

Now, I have used a CL score as an excuse to drive somewhere cool (if you do it right, it can even be written off as a business expense), BUT if I am searching CL 8 hours away, I expect to drive 8 hours. Not so much in my own back yard.

Good point about delivery, though. If they're willing to blow a hundred bucks on gas to get eighty bucks from me, I'm on board.

• V
      V commented
      Editing a comment

reverberlayed wrote:

Ha ha same. I also live in CT and will drive anywhere here for a good deal.

@goodhonk yes, a Tribute ASAT Classic Bluesboy. Great guitar.
    <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1">Guitars:<br><br>G&amp;L Tribute ASAT Classic Bluesboy<br><br>Fender 50th Anniversary Strat, Classic 50s Telecaster, and others.<br><br><br><br>Pedals:<br><br>Pitchblack&g t;EP Booster&gt;Classic 108 Fuzz&gt; SD-1&gt;OCD&gt;Keeley Rat&gt;Hoof&gt;DLS MKiii&gt;Small Stone&gt;TR-2&gt;Flashback&gt;Spring Theory<br><br><br><br>Amp:<br><br>Peavey Delta Blues<br><br></font></div>

Comment

Thought so. I used to own one too. Hard to tell in that little pic.

Comment

Working...
      X