Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT: Why can't people use the right Craigslist?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Why can't people use the right Craigslist?

I live in the southwest corner of my state. Lately there's been a rash of ads from other parts of the state, particularly the northeast(!) corner. It's not just an issue of someone spamming the other "local" CL sites; it's unique ads posted to the wrong site... a TON of them.

Is this going on anywhere else? Nothing more annoying than finding a great deal on an effects pedal, but then discovering that it's eight hours away.
    Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro, Epiphone Les Paul Standard (for sale), Fender Stratocaster, Ibanez AF75 (for sale), Alvarez Artist, Washburn Taurus, Fender Precision, Rogue MandolinAmps: Traynor YCV40WR, SWR LA12, Behringer BX3000T head/Steel Sound 2x12 bass cabPedals: Too many to list...Good deals: knives490, slufay, Jim Hunter, deadanddreaming, lank81, MickTaylorFan, jmecale72, billy budapest, melx, CRANK, Mdsmithii, juankyman

tell them to deliver it. They placed the ad in a out of area region... they must be wanting to get rid of it so bad they must be willing to deliver

'95 Fender Tele Special/'85 Fender Performer/Danelectro 6|12 Doubleneck/Odyssey Fretless Bass/Emperador Barney Kessel Clone/Hardtail Partscater/Epiphone Firebird->-Zvex Mastotron->-Pigtronix Philosopher's Tone->-Catalinbread Naga Viper->-Catalinbread Teaser Stallion->-Catalinbread SFT->-Catalinbread RAH->-Crybaby 95Q->-Egnater Tweaker-[Line 6 M13 in Loop]

Comment

• BarneyGumbel
      BarneyGumbel commented
      Editing a comment
      I've seen that a bit here too. Maybe people should flag those non-local posts for removal.

If stuff isn't selling, why not expand to other parts of the state. I'd drive across my state or into neighboring states for something I wanted. Then again, I live in Connecticut so we are small.
    Guitars:G&L Tribute ASAT Classic BluesboyFender 50th Anniversary Strat, Classic 50s Telecaster, and others.Pedals:Pitchblack>EP Booster>Classic 108 Fuzz> SD-1>OCD>Keeley Rat>Hoof>DLS MKiii>Small Stone>TR-2>Flashback>Spring TheoryAmp:Peavey Delta Blues

Comment

• goodhonk
      goodhonk commented
      Editing a comment

reverberlayed wrote:
      If stuff isn't selling, why not expand to other parts of the state. I'd drive across my state or into neighboring states for something I wanted. Then again, I live in Connecticut so we are small.

what's the guitar in your avatar, asat?

• dkerwood
      dkerwood commented
      Editing a comment
      I've driven eleven hours round trip for a killer drum set deal. We're talking a $2K+ kit for $800 though. I don't think I'd do the same for a pedal that's $80 instead of the $100 that it goes for here.

Now, I have used a CL score as an excuse to drive somewhere cool (if you do it right, it can even be written off as a business expense), BUT if I am searching CL 8 hours away, I expect to drive 8 hours. Not so much in my own back yard.

Good point about delivery, though. If they're willing to blow a hundred bucks on gas to get eighty bucks from me, I'm on board.

• V
      V commented
      Editing a comment

reverberlayed wrote:

Ha ha same. I also live in CT and will drive anywhere here for a good deal.

@goodhonk yes, a Tribute ASAT Classic Bluesboy. Great guitar.
    Guitars:G&L Tribute ASAT Classic BluesboyFender 50th Anniversary Strat, Classic 50s Telecaster, and others.Pedals:Pitchblack>EP Booster>Classic 108 Fuzz> SD-1>OCD>Keeley Rat>Hoof>DLS MKiii>Small Stone>TR-2>Flashback>Spring TheoryAmp:Peavey Delta Blues

Comment

Thought so. I used to own one too. Hard to tell in that little pic.

Comment

Working...
      X