OT: found a bunch of my old baseball cards

50calexplorer

• Members

You may be able to find some info on the Internet but I think that might take a lot of time.

Perhaps an easier way and far less time consuming would be to go to a Card Shop and buy one of their "Buyers Guides to Trading Cards" books and it'll have them all in there!

I collect football cards and this is what I've used to place value on my collection.

Good luck and nice find!

• Members
Originally posted by shredhead666

I have a '99 Upper Deck Ken Griffey Jr. Rookie card. It's in almost pristine shape. There's one on eBay right now that's about in the same shape as mine going for $1600!!!!

Jesus! 14 bids!

What do I need to do to have this thing professionally graded?

If I were you, I'd hold on to it. Imagine what it will be worth in 5 years? or 10 years? jordan rookie cards go for like 30 grand now, they used to go for around 5. I'd hold on to it dude, and then someday, you can buy a house with it :D

Chris

• Members

Originally posted by Urban Ghandi

........Perhaps an easier way and far less time consuming would be to go to a Card Shop and buy one of their "Buyers Guides to Trading Cards" books and it'll have them all in there!

I collect football cards and this is what I've used to place value on my collection.

Good luck and nice find!

+1

• Members

I would hold onto them really, I have a bunch of old baseballfootball cards and right now it is really tough to get close to the book "value" of the cards. Example, I have Joe Montana's rookie card and the book was something like $150 on it, they were selling on EBAY for like $30.00 in mint condition. A friend of mine used to sell cards at shows and he said in the early ninties all the companies flooded the market so much with new cards that it killed the market. I would assume it would come back around after a bit.

• Members
Originally posted by guitarist17

If I were you, I'd hold on to it. Imagine what it will be worth in 5 years? or 10 years? jordan rookie cards go for like 30 grand now, they used to go for around 5. I'd hold on to it dude, and then someday, you can buy a house with it
:D

Chris

Yeah but that was Jordan. What has KG Jr. done lately? He's not exactly turned out to be as hot as everyone thought he would be... :(

Lemme see if I can find my Barry Bonds and Mark McGwire rookie cards... I wonder what THEY're worth??? :eek:

*edit - bonds/mcgwire aren't worth {censored}. LOL.

• Members
Originally posted by shredhead666

I have a '99 Upper Deck Ken Griffey Jr. Rookie card. It's in almost pristine shape. There's one on eBay right now that's about in the same shape as mine going for $1600!!!!

Jesus! 14 bids!

What do I need to do to have this thing professionally graded?

You mean 89? ;)

• Members
Originally posted by guitarist17

If I were you, I'd hold on to it. Imagine what it will be worth in 5 years? or 10 years? jordan rookie cards go for like 30 grand now, they used to go for around 5. I'd hold on to it dude, and then someday, you can buy a house with it
:D

Chris

what kind of a {censored}ing moron pays $30k for a piece of cardboard?

• Members
Originally posted by superpoo

what kind of a {censored}ing moron pays $30k for a piece of cardboard?

The same kind that pays $600,000 for a Honus Wagner.

What kind of moron pays $20 for a piece of paper with Andrew Jackson on it? Oh yeah, the Federal Government. :rolleyes:

Supply/Demand. Read up.

• Members

Originally posted by Urban Ghandi

Probably the same people that would buy a fly ball (hit by McGuire, Sosa or Bonds) for a million.

Exactly, the kind of people that have that kind of money to spend for a reason... which is not wondering "what kind of moron" would buy these items.

Archived