whoa, Peavey Valverb tube preamp?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whoa, Peavey Valverb tube preamp?

how do they sound? this is the first time I've ever seen one

That's a tube tremolo and spring reverb unit.

Jun
    100% AxeFX ode to Michael Schenker www.javajunkiemusic.com/Audio/Jun/axefxremix.m4a
    Bravo mic'ed wet/dry/wet: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BXG-kJCCXk
    Axe-FX direct recording http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDMmA9tYIF4
    Rivera TBR-1M http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROvOH2NajL8
    Hafler T3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzEyWzTz8zo

Comment

yeah, but It's also got a preamp buildt in (peavey classic style? )

Comment

They sound excellent!!! I would use one right now if it wouldnt add more bulk to my rig.
        proud member EPIPHONE EMPIRE
        --Epiphone Elitist les paul plain top with Kahler, Planet waves locking tuners.
        --Carvin ls175 kahler steeler dimarzio pro track, carvin ap11, tobe zone s
        --traynor ycv50 blue

Comment

The preamp built in is not really a full-fledged guitar preamp but it's a proper tube preamp, and a good sounding one at that. You can feed it with any kind of signal, even low-level like an acoustic, a Rhodes, a synth etc. and add a nice touch of tube grit. You can also use it to dirty up your guitar tone in conjunction with the output level of the unit. Very underrated unit... I love mine !!

Comment

oh cool there's one at www.chrisguitars.com going for 300 bucks now.

Comment

Very nice unit. We use ours more for the tremolo than for the reverb.

Comment

+1
                "They turned me loose from the nervous hospital, said I was well....mmhmmh."

Comment

yeah, but It's also got a preamp buildt in (peavey classic style? )

no it doesn't, it just has tone controls for the reverb. it's not a preamp except for the drive knob, which just adjusts the signal going into the unit. it's a trem/reverb unit.

Comment

no it doesn't, it just has tone controls for the reverb. it's not a preamp. it's a trem/reverb unit.

Nope, tube preamp as well, but as mentioned, it's more along the lines of a mic preamp. If you wanted, you can run it direct into a power amp and not even use the reverb and tremolo features. Works just fine that way.

Comment

i looks like a 5150!!!! no waiz!
                      HOURS

Originally Posted by thegumbootman

I managed to not say the word "****************" until I was 18

In primary school when my friends discovered swearing, I thought "I've never said the f-word before. I'm never going to say it". I wanted to say it when I got older (mostly because my friends would nag me about saying it), but I just didn't want to end the streak of not-saying it

I ended up accidentally saying it to my girlfriend at the time. I said "Someone told me that Ben got with a really fat girl and he titty-****************ed her"

Comment

Nope, tube preamp as well, but as mentioned, it's more along the lines of a mic preamp. If you wanted, you can run it direct into a power amp and not even use the reverb and tremolo features. Works just fine that way.

yeah it can be used like that, but it's basically just a buffer amp.

Comment

yeah it can be used like that, but it's basically just a buffer amp.

Nope it can add a lot of gain. So it's really a preamp.

Comment

Nope it can add a lot of gain. So it's really a preamp.

dude, i used to own one. yes, it can add gain. so can a metal zone. if used as a preamp, it's really not very good. if used as a reverb/trem unit, like it's meant to be used, or as a buffer amp in certain effects loops, then it's fantastic.

Comment

dude, i used to own one. yes, it can add gain. so can a metal zone. if used as a preamp, it's really not very good. if used as a reverb/trem unit, like it's meant to be used, or as a buffer amp in certain effects loops, then it's fantastic.

Big difference with a metalzone, the valverb nominal output is 0dBv which is totally suitable for plugging directly into a power amp. You can't do that with a metalzone. Secondly, the valverb is not a special-purpose guitar effect. It's also suitable for synths, Rhodes etc. It does work very well as a preamp for a Rhodes, which is exactly how I use it. I think the overdrive does sound very good for giving bites and weight to any input. You could use it to fatten any kind of signal like voice, drums etc. It's not a simple "buffer" amp. I do not know any other "buffer" amp that provides overdrive.

Comment

Working...
                              X