Marshall Class 5 - well done!

Minnie The Moocher

• Members

I have my Class 5 since yesterday - I fell in love after playing it for 30 seconds in the store.

It really sounds like a little bluesbreaker - I bet that if the 1974X is the "mini bluesbreaker", then this one is the "micro bluesbreaker". But watch out, it's loud as hell for a 5W amp! Bigger sounding than the other 5W too, thx to the larger cab proly.

- with my Les Paul R7:

[YOUTUBE]KXxpm6cuLvE[/YOUTUBE]

- with a strat:

[YOUTUBE]LOL_yPzc0r0[/YOUTUBE]

- and a tele:

[YOUTUBE]-1JTGIPz8Lw[/YOUTUBE]

The LP video is the latest one - I've worked a bit on the equalisation (on the strat and tele sample, everything is on 5, so the tone is too fat - as with a bluesbreaker, keep the bass low).

MarshallClass506.jpg

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's good to see Marshall finally release a product like this......... of course now that means they are competing against us .... SMILE.

The Class 5 is pretty good, but considering it has no gain, no power attenuation and uses EL84 tubes, I feel our Model 105 Bimbo is actually closer to being a true miniaturized Marshall in a side by side comparison.

We used a true EL34 power section, a clone of the early 70s Metalface non-master volume Marshalls preamp and licensed London Power Scaling to allow the amp to get "whisper quiet".

The reason we actually came up with our product was because it seemed none of the big companies were focusing on the good sounding low volume market.

Now they are ... Marshall has this Class 5 and Peavey has their Studio 5.

But hopefully you guys will take a listen to our VALVE MODEL 105 "BIMBO" and decide for yourselves what you like.

Thanks

www.valveampusa.com

Ah shit... Here we go... :facepalm:

EDIT: Your amp is significantly more money at least that's what it looks like. Where's it made?

• Members

Madryan

Yes, they do cost around $750 USD

And obviously that does make a difference in craftsmanship and engineering.

Heck, our 5-watt (dials down to 1/20 watt) weighs 33 lbs !

It's not a light amp.

They are made in Italy.

Thanks

I've got a big Marshall and generally never play quietly so it's not a big deal to me. I just play one of my boogies if I need small or quiet.

Archived