Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

65's are by far my favorite speakers, but their sensitivity is 3db less than V30's, I would think they would get drowned out if in the same cabinet.

+1
    even G12H's get drowned by V30's, they are also 100db and quite mid heavy
    G12K's may work since they have a very different voicing (like a G12T75 on steroids), so they won't compete too much
    Originally Posted by mseriously30

My ****************ing life goal is to one day own a 70's Gibby such as that, a giant old Marshall stack with original 6x12 and be like, well, old and stuff, and play some loud ass doomy filthy melodies at my 70th birthday and embarrass the **************** out of everyone and maybe kill a small animal with my awesomness.

But secretly most everyone in hearing distance would envy me and it would only add to my lasting legacy.

Comment

I've always been told that rather than adding up the total number you add up the lower wattage speakers to the total number of speakers in the cab.
      So:
      4 v30s (Mesa 70w)=280w
      2 v30s + 2 h30s=120

Am I wrong?

This is correct
      Guitars:
      - ESP Original Forest GT
      - Edwards E-LP-98LTS
      - LTD M-1000
      - Seagull S6

Amp:
      - Mesa/Boogie Mark IV

Effects:
      - Maxon OD808
      - MXR Smart gate
      - MXR Carbon copy
      - TC Electronic Hall of Fame
      - TC Electronic Polytune

Comment

I thought the V30's with G12T-75's worked well together. At least that's what I've heard when I played it through my friend's JVM 205. Gig levels at his large living room, I didn't hear the high end sizzle of the V30's or the ice pickiness the 75's are notorious for. And I played my J5 Tele, on P-90 mode, it's about as bright as it gets.
        Find me and the rest of the guise here: www.guitarampboard.com

Comment

Are you guys sure that mesa v30s are 70w? Where was this confirmed, because the mesaboogie site seems to suggest that they are 60w. What clones are similar to mesa v30?
          Guitars:
          - ESP Original Forest GT
          - Edwards E-LP-98LTS
          - LTD M-1000
          - Seagull S6

Amp:
          - Mesa/Boogie Mark IV

Effects:
          - Maxon OD808
          - MXR Smart gate
          - MXR Carbon copy
          - TC Electronic Hall of Fame
          - TC Electronic Polytune

Comment

I don't think blending the V30 with something else is going to get rid of the spike. Kinda like if spraying febreeze won't get rid of the smell of ****************, just cover it a little, but you'll still get the underlying base of feces. Not saying V30's sound like ****************, I actually like the Mesa OEM V30's a lot. The regular ones are OK, good speakers, but after long playing times at high volumes the mid spike does grate on the ears.

I'd recommend selling the V30's and picking up a couple WGS, Vet 30 & ET65 to be exact. I have them in my combo, and they are killer.
            Originally Posted by LoopQuantumIt would never work. You're in outerspace, and breathing is a bitch.Originally Posted by BrendanOThere is something very wrong with a situation when I'd rather sleep with the naked cowboy.Vice President o' teh boosted midz clubGreat deals with; ENdtime, OverDriven, outforblood

Comment

Are you guys sure that mesa v30s are 70w? Where was this confirmed, because the mesaboogie site seems to suggest that they are 60w. What clones are similar to mesa v30?
              The Plate on my Mesa Cab

Cel-30 Combined Power Capacity 280 Watts

280/4 = 70
              Grease Monkey... SLO... M90... Dual Rect... Others...

Comment

Now mesa cabs have maximum 240. It changed.
                LIKE MY BAND :
                http://facebook.com/execrationer

+Lots of good transactions+

Comment

Working...
                X