Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do I want to trade my 5150 for a XXX?

I dunno...what do you guys think?
    Peavey ESP DiMarzio

I get my tubes from ValveQueen...you should too!!

Good Transactions

NO

Only Peavey I ever couldn't get along with.
    GIBSON | PRS | SQUIER | EPIPHONE | BLACKSTAR | PEAVEY | MARSHALL | JET CITY | CRATE (ZOMG!!!)

The Band

Good Transactions

Originally Posted by Ovid9

I thought it was more the fact your walls were covered in pictures of skinny guys with long hair.

How did you fap in a room like that?

Proud owner of the first NAD of the new HC

Comment

HAHAHAHA goddamn that was fast. I know how much you hate that amp lol.
      Peavey ESP DiMarzio

Good Transactions

Comment

Oh Raf, will you ever learn?
        Good Transactions - Peavey VTM Mods Lounge
        The Legacy Of...

Comment

nah it's a good amp for some folks, just no versatility.
          I know the 5150 isn't much of a do-all either, but I'd rather have it than the xxx.
          GIBSON | PRS | SQUIER | EPIPHONE | BLACKSTAR | PEAVEY | MARSHALL | JET CITY | CRATE (ZOMG!!!)

The Band

Good Transactions

I thought it was more the fact your walls were covered in pictures of skinny guys with long hair.

Comment

I KNOW!!! Goddammit.

You know what, **************** it. I dont need **************** else hahaha. My 5150 is perfectly fine and is serving its purpose lol. All these HCAF gas inducers keep getting the best of me, and its some straight up bull**************** haha. I need to just keep saving money for my custom, which, BTW, is on hold as of yesterday because of vet bills...plus my cat peed in my car and my car smells like cat pee, which contributed to yesterdays bad mood, and thus me trying to find something new that I dont need to take my focus away from that stuff haha.
            Peavey ESP DiMarzio

Good Transactions

Comment

I KNOW!!! Goddammit.

You know what, **************** it. I dont need **************** else hahaha. My 5150 is perfectly fine and is serving its purpose lol. All these HCAF gas inducers keep getting the best of me, and its some straight up bull**************** haha. I need to just keep saving money for my custom, which, BTW, is on hold as of yesterday because of vet bills...plus my cat peed in my car and my car smells like cat pee, which contributed to yesterdays bad mood, and thus me trying to find something new that I dont need to take my focus away from that stuff haha.

Best way for me to kill GAS is to get off the computer and turn on one of my maps and play my LP. I fall in love all over again and forget whatever I thought I wanted.

The Band

Good Transactions

Comment

I had one for a long time (for me lol)
                It was pretty good, I like 5150s more though. The xxx is really tight and compressed.
                LIKE MY BAND :
                http://facebook.com/execrationer

+Lots of good transactions+

Comment

being a XXX owner and having heard you clips... I'm gonna say no. please dont
                  Guitars:Gibson Les Paul Standard FadedFender Roadworn '72 Deluxe TelecasterKramer StrikerAmplification:Titan Custom RetrofitRandall R412CSOfficial member of the Ninja Lows club

Comment

HA, well, I dont feel that way about the 5150. I do about the 6505 212, though. I dunno. It doesnt have everything I need for live playing, though. I only have one guitar, and Im definitely getting a custom, so I dont really consider that gas...more like a goal lol. Amp gas is always killing me. I want a titan, mako, peters, engl, framus, you ****************ing name it haha. The thing I dont like about the 5150...its not tight enough. Thats pretty much it.
                    Peavey ESP DiMarzio

Good Transactions

Comment

I personally like the XXX better than the 5150 I owned. In fact the only thing I think the fitty did better than the xxx was cleans, ironic I know.
                      Sixtonoize on Prince-

Originally Posted by Sixtonoize

Yup.

Great songwriter, killer guitarist, and certifiable ******************** black hole (once it gets within his range, none can escape).

Originally Posted by isvoid

a 10 is an 8 that swallows

Comment

lol. Thats interesting.
                        Peavey ESP DiMarzio

Good Transactions

Comment

No ive owned one i would only trade for a 6505+ or visa versa.
                          Current Gear:
                          AMpless.
                          VHT FB/4x12
                          Maxon OD-808
                          IBANEZ S470QM/EMG 81
                          ISP DECIMATOR
                          EBAY FEEDBACK CLICK HERE
                          POSTIVE TRANSACTION'S CLICK HERE
                          SEVENSTRING.ORG FEEDBACK
                          RIGTALK FEEDBACK

Comment

HA, well, I dont feel that way about the 5150. I do about the 6505 212, though. I dunno. It doesnt have everything I need for live playing, though. I only have one guitar, and Im definitely getting a custom, so I dont really consider that gas...more like a goal lol. Amp gas is always killing me. I want a titan, mako, peters, engl, framus, you ****************ing name it haha. The thing I dont like about the 5150...its not tight enough. Thats pretty much it.

well the clean on my XXX is completely unusable, the crunch channel has more gain then ever could be used, and the lead channel has even more gain lol.

But in all seriousness, the crunch channel is super tight and has as much gain/saturation as the 5150, if not more. Also, the lead channel cuts like crazy and sounds great for leads.

If you don't dig your 5150 for live stuff, the XXX might be good. But its really throaty and compressed. I don't dig the compression.
                            Guitars:Gibson Les Paul Standard FadedFender Roadworn '72 Deluxe TelecasterKramer StrikerAmplification:Titan Custom RetrofitRandall R412CSOfficial member of the Ninja Lows club

Comment

can you keep the 5150 and buy the xxx!
                              GUITARS
                              ESP M3
                              ESP Horizon
                              Edwards Viper
                              Edwards LPC
                              LTD EC-1000
                              LTD H-1000

Fender Highway One Tele

Ibanez Jem 7pbk
                              Ibanez RG 2570